Resident/permit decision waiting time

Luc
Hi I have wrote all one needs to know when going  for an interview on Facebook the new group I created for us all to share questions and experiences .
I know the dates might be confusing but they might not ask you ,it depends what you filled in the form application .thise are the answers they expect you to say again and match with the ones u and your partner filled in .
All the best and goodluck to all of us who are waiting /going to the interview ,the wait is soo frustrating but all will be worth it when that happy day comes 😊🙏

Hi Salwa, thanks for the reply. Is the Facebook group private?  I cant find it.
Thanks Lucian

Yes mee too I can't find it

Awaiting for your partner
That's the name of the group or I can add you just send me your email 😊

Hi LucB22!

Based on my experience in the interview, yes, they might ask for the dates. But, be honest if you don't remember. When i was asked for the dates, i got confused with the exact dates and told the interviewer that I'm not so good with remembering specific dates, but I gave her the month and year. In your case, you can probably tell them you have met several times but you're out of track. Maybe making a list is a good idea. I heard it all depends on who's interviewing you. I advice you make a good connection with the interviewer first, be relaxed but not too much, so s/he sees that you are reliable. You can probably take a list with you and if you were asked about the specific dates, tell them the truth that you can try but you don't recall everything, and that you have a list with you only if they will allow you.  Always ask for permission before doing any action during an interview. If im not mistaken, the only time i asked to take a look at the papers was when i was supposed to fill out a form where I had to put my boyfriend's complete address. But all throughout the interview, I answered everything based on what I remember by heart and by mind. I honestly skipped keeping a list. Anything I don't clearly remember or I don't remember at all, I told them. But you should keep in mind that this is about you and your partner, this is your love story - they probably don't expect you to memorize all the dates especially if it is too much, i think that's okay and natural! But you should be able to remember a thing or two. You can probably stick to months and year as well. That's probably good enough. :)

Good luck!!! I hope this helps. :)

Please add me too [email protected]
Thank you

Done ✅😊

Hey Everyone,

Just an update - last week Raine shared a link from Migrationsverkets website which detailed the new Team Management laws as well as provided a new “Request to conclude a case” form which applicants that have been waiting six months or longer may complete and submit only once.

Well, last week Friday we submitted a request to conclude our case and not too long thereafter one of MV's consultants responded per email to confirm that by law we must receive a decision within four weeks.

This is the first time someone from MV responds to us in the past four months, since we have sent several emails requesting if we have a case officer, sending updates of our travels and asking about whether there was any outstanding information required from our side.

We are staying positive, and will keep you informed on what the outcome is

Hi MangoAvo,

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. My partner and I have visited each other quite alot, so alot of dates to remember. I will try and remember all, if I cant I will be honest and just tell them as you mentioned.

Also Salwa can you add me to the FB group. ***

Sarah that is great news regarding the decision time. It gives me good hope. I am nervous and excited for my interview, it is one step closer.

Thanks everyone,

Lucian

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

That is some great news 😊 Sarah fingures crossed 🤞
Salwah xx

Hi mango I have added you the group 😊
Salwah x

Hi
Are you in Sweden now?

Hi

There is no law which states that you need get decision in 4 weeks. sorry

Hi at andix the law has been there the maximum time to get a decision has been 9 months but MV they don't work according to the law as we all know this .
The new law as they call it ,the one who hi h came to force 1st of July 2018 states that if you have waited more than 6-9 months and have done the interview you are qualified to to send the request to conclude your case in 4weeks .
I know some who have done this and some get a rejection some get a postive within the 4 weeks
NOTE :that MV can reject your case if they feel the case needs more investigation or more info from the applicant that can take more than 4weeks .

That's why it's required for you to send all that you think may make your case strong /support your case ..
Salwah

hi,
I asked you reason being if you are already in Sweden now?
I have my residence status for Sweden I dont have any issues.

Hej hej Everyone,

Just an update on our case - we have received confirmation from MV that a decision has been made and our case has been concluded.

Our case officer has informed my Sambo that I have been granted a two year residence permit.

Hope you all get your decisions soon

Thats great news Sarah. congrats on the decision. It gives me real hope now. Once again well done :)

Congratulations Sarah! Hope the rest of us would also received a positive confirmation soon as well 😊

🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 wohooo Sarah that's good news congratulations 🍾

Hi andix noo my application is still under the queue am afraid 😟 just waiting and waiting going to send the request on Friday
Fingures crossed

Hey everyone can someone help I check my case but I see my case is pending

What does it mean when my decision is pending

All the best.
Cheers

It means they are working on your case.

Thank you andix70

I have posted in Twitter though, that foreigners cannot go against the the Swedish system and is useless against lawyers, tax offices, banks...etc. outside Sweden sounds attractive but its practices are communist form and its always the state and their organs right and you are always wrong.
Price you need pay moving to Sweden.
I have lived in Sweden long enough and experienced it.

Hi andix I have no idea what you talking about .
But I know swedish laws should followed hence also migration they should follow the laws they put as well .if you go according to the law hence the migration nothing should go wrong .
Migration tends to delay soo much with excuses that “”they have a lot of cases to handle “”and they give you copy pasted bullshit as well .
For some they have followed to their new law and its working !thats more important as at right now !
Salwah

Hi
If there was a law why you don't have your residence permit after 6 months? There is no law. I mentioned after you are in Sweden you are not going to find justice either, I am just warning you as I have lived there long enough. Sooner or later you shall see. So he ready for the new life.

I am sorry for sounding pessimistic.. But I am sure and hope you get a positive decision.
I just have been honest based on facts and experiences.

Dear All, I need your opinions. I am from Sri Lanka and my boy friend is from Sweden. We applied online (last month) for the RP " live with someone in Sweden whom you are planning to marry or become cohabiting partners with" .

So far there is no update and from your status I understand it will take time. We do not have an embassy of Sweden and We have to go to the Embassy in New Delhi, India for the interview and the bio-metrics. I wrote to the New Delhi embassy and they advised me to follow the migration site. But the auto-response from the New Delhi embassy stated :"Can I visit the Embassy for biometrics? How do I submit biometrics? One can visit the Embassy for biometrics once the application has been submitted and the Migration Agency has registered the application. Once your application is registered you can visit Migration Agency website to check your status and when it shows as Decision Pending, that means your application is registered.  No prior appointment is needed. Please visit the Embassy's visa section during our opening hours mentioned below. Please bring your passport. Biometrics can only be submitted at the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi."

But as per the migration website, I have to wait for their message for the biometrics or the interview.

Sorry for writing long. I just need to ask you, what I should do? Do I need to wait for the migration request or do I need to go to the New Delhi Embassy? 
I just want to clarify as I need to do the travel arrangements to India from Sri Lanka.

Appreciate your help and wish you all to be with your loved ones soon.

You cannot do anything or influences to speed up the decision. If you get a negative reply take a lawyer. I can help you get one.

So I'd say it's never a bad thing to go to the embassy.  It's good for them to know you're actively interested.  They may end up telling you to wait, but at least you were told to your face :)
OR maybe they will go on and do the biometrics?  Who knows.  Good luck!

Here's the link to this blog via facebook group!  It's how we stay in touch easier!

[Link moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please don't post links to external social networks. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi
There is a procedure to follow and always stick to the procedure. Embassy does not entertain uninvited guests and don't have the time. They are very specific about their procedures and you need to respect it or else get disrespected.
My suggestion wait for the decision on the website and when you have status decision provided on the internet then you could approach the embassy. As the decisions are sent mostly via the embassy if you have applied through the embassy.
If you applying from US and are a US citizen should not have issues. Nevertheless, you could also fly to Sweden and visit personally the migration office is rather better that way.
Embassy only receives and forwards decisions and not decide on application s which comes from migration office.

There's no harm in trying. After all, checking or following up an application that has been taking ages is not a sign of disrespecting a procedure or any provision.

Besides, every application filed are treated/handled differently. 😊

I don't want to argue here. Feel free to do as you are pleased.
Thanks

Sarahsatchie!Thanks for your update - congratulations

Hello everyone. Last week I filled in the form and requested to conclude my case but I didnt receive any confirmation to receive the request. Is that normal?

MalinhEa yeah it's normal ,you can write the immigration to confirm they received it 😊

Thanks