Resident/permit decision waiting time

You welcome aim 😊

@Salwah

Im so sorry to hear the sad news. The good news though is you can appeal. It is expected from the Migration that they will require your partner to have a stable job (and that means regular, not contractual) to be able to support both of you. This is not discrimination but more of practical policy to also protect their country's economy. The fact that the company where your husband is working for, considers him as regular employee, there might be a way that they can help you out on this matter. The best (and probably most legal) way they can do is to hire him as regular employee.

I really hope the best for you and your husband.

All the best!

@aima

My boyfriend got an interview few months after I got mine. This is part of their process to check how well do you know each other and if your answers connect. I would say this is a good sign as it means that your case is progressing.

Stay positive!

All the best!

Thank you MangoAvocado 😊 i will be in Sweden and go with my husband to his interview next month.

I pray 🙏 good news for all of us ASAP.

@mangovacado the boss actually considers him as a permanent worker since he has worked there more than 4years ,plan is the boss writes a letter to MV ..hopefully they accept this

@Salwah

That's a bright side to look at! :) Let's hope for the best! :)

@salwa   All the best dear one.

Salwahallison wrote:

@mangovacado the boss actually considers him as a permanent worker since he has worked there more than 4years ,plan is the boss writes a letter to MV ..hopefully they accept this

I fear a letter will not be enough because its still not a permanent contract in writing. A letter isn't a binding contract in the eyes of the law.

SimCityAT wrote:
Salwahallison wrote:

I fear a letter will not be enough because its still not a permanent contract in writing. A letter isn't a binding contract in the eyes of the law.

I just realized this might be true.

@aima

Good luck!! :)
All the best! :)

@simcat so the permanent contract is the solution ?, in the letter the boss writes he acknowledges he's a permanent employee...the thing is my boyfriend awaits some documents from his university to give to the boss then he's given the permanent contract that's why he renews it every year ... so even if the boss writes in the letter this also won't be enough ?

I am no legal expert, but a permanent contract is more likely the solution as its firm confirmation.
You could try a letter but as it has no legal standing it would most likely be not accepted, then you would be back to square one.

Hi @Salwah

Do what you can do best to appeal. Chances are it might or might not be good enough to submit only a letter. Certificate of Employment is the only legal document that can verify one's employment in a company.

But it might also be considered if the boss will recognize your partner as regular employee. Maybe a dry seal would be helpful to make it somehow legal. Or a notarize? You might also ask if the boss can include in the letter why your partner is not a regular employee and that after processing all the documents, we can guarantee a regular position for your partner.

Hope this is helpful.

All the best!

@mangovacafo yes he's guaranteed a permanent just that (if I can understand well,he was studying this the fix term contract ,the boss is waiting for a paper from the university then he will give him the permanent,like I said the boss consider d him as  permanent employee ,also the case officer called the boss last year to confirm  before I was sent to the interview then they sent me to the interview ..
thank you for the information
Salwah
X

MangoAvocado

Hi, i would like to ask after your boyfriend's had his interview how long did you wait to get your decision?

Thank you.

Hi @Aima!

I cant fully recall the interval. But when I got my interview, both my residence and visitor's permit are ongoing. If I am not mistaken, he got interviewed only few weeks after I had mine. Then my visitor's permit got approved probably a month after. We only had one interview each for both applications. My residence permit got approved after 18 months of waiting (as said on their site).

All the best!

@Salwah!

That's good to hear! But rationally speaking, @SimCityAT made a good point. Maybe you can consider that advice and bring it up to your partner, then maybe he can discuss it with his boss if possible. Bad case is that the migration wouldn't accept a letter as lawful/legal document, and worse is that, as SimCity said, you are back to square one. Unless you can appeal more than once.

All the best!! Wish for better result!

Hi Everyone

Be strong Salwa and more patience I know a lot of hassle but everything will be fine. Everything happened for a reason God have a better plan.

My husband received email today from MV asking for work contract and tickets.

After submission of documents how many days you and your partner when you received a result. I feel nervous now.

Hi @Girlzone!

For residence permit, I got the decision 18 months after the application.

For visitor's permit, I got the decision 2 montha after the application.

Being nervous is normal and actually a good thing because it keeps you from being too confident and it makes you aware what should be done. But don't let it take over your faith. ☺

All the best!

Hej MangoAvocado thank you for your response.
My application is 13 months now and like the case for Salwa we both applied same time and her fiancee received email from MV for the same requirements same as my husband received today after few days she got the result.

I am hoping and praying for the best and my prayers also to Salwa and all of us to reunite with our partners very soon.😘

MangoAvocado

Thank you for your reply. Now it says 12 -16 months waiting to a decision.

Salwahillason..
I'm hoping and praying to get our possitive result soon and for you too. Stay positive salwa!

@girlzone when they asked for this supplements we sent like today Thursday evening then the next day Friday at 13:00hrs we got decisions ,

If I remeber correctly you had interview right ? If not they will ask u to go do the embassy then after like 2hours to a day they give a decision it depends ..

Good luck my dear all the best of luck keep us updated 😘
Salwah
Xx

@aima we are am surprised how well we are handling this ,ya for me n my man we are trying to stay on point and not let emotions to take over .
Am staying postive and 🤞
Will post some goods news soon for sure in sha Allah
Salwah
Xx

@Salwa some questionare sent to my husband too.
And the same requirements as your fiancee MV asking to my husband. The work contract ,payslip, tickets and any proof that we live together and also the stamp.
He collected everything and tomorrow his going to his company to ask for the contract then he will send by post office.

I feel nervous hoping the good result.

I hope and pray that ypur case also resolve soon don't lose hope. I will give you a feedback.🤞

@girlzone this means good news for us we were not our chat history not proof we have even met so thy didn't look at our relationship...,
For you guys it's look good for you both 😊
Fingures crossed 🤞
Salwah
Xx

Hej

😞I don't know how the procedure will goes.After asking to my husband to send all the supporting documents yesterday today my husband received a call saying no need to submit the documents they asking yesterday🙁🙁🙁

Is there anyone with you guys experience same situation?

Hej girlzone I haven't heard of such ..but maybe MV already have this documents before ? But it's unlikely they ask not to be sent when they have asked for it 😟 my prayers are with you hun x

Hej Salwa thank you and hoping for the best for all of us🤞.

@girlzone in sha Allah all will be well 🙏

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I (non-EU) am planning to apply for residency with my Swedish partner very soon. We cannot find specific information about the housing requirement. With one child, is it required that you live in a two bedroom apartment or house before you submit your application?  We don't want to add any additional waiting time if our application is rejected because of the housing requirement. Thank you for any help.

Hey everybody,

So sad to hear some of the decisions being made here. Hope everything gets better soon.

So yesterday I called Migrationsverket to inform that I have returned from Sweden and they told me that I have a case officer. My husband called her but couldn't hear much as she was speaking quietly. He just heard her say that she is the case officer and she'll start reviewing our case soon.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for the case officer to take a decision? And is it wise if I request to conclude my case now?
Would be great if anyone can share their experience.

What stage are you at now? After the interview?
I hope more people post on their request to conclude a case - just to see the success rate.

https://www.thelocal.se/20180919/eu-rig … wait-times

Sweden accused of breaking EU law over long residence permit wait times

Sweden's Migration Agency has violated EU law by failing to issue residence permits within agreed time limits, a new complaint to the European Commission claims.
The EU Rights Clinic referred Sweden to the European Commission for delays in issuing residence permits to non-EU nationals with family members who were EU citizens.

Under EU law, this kind of permit (for family reunification) should be issued within six months of application, although Swedish law only requires for the permits to be issued within a nine-month period. However, the EU Rights Clinic and Crossroads, a Gothenburg-based organization which supports foreign citizens in Sweden, collected data that showed in reality the Migration Agency's processing time lasted up for two years.

The requirements which must be met for family member residence permits to be granted underwent significant changes in 2016, as The Local reported at the time. For example, the family member already in Sweden was required to show they could provide financially for both themselves and the applicant.

"The delay in issuing residence cards is affecting the ability of non-EU family members to lead a normal life in Sweden," the EU Rights Clinic said in its statement.

While waiting for the permit, non-EU family members cannot leave Sweden or prove their right to work in the country, affecting their career prospects, and the clinic also noted that this led to "anxiety and even depression" due to the uncertainty.

It's the second time in under a year that the EU Rights Clinic has referred Sweden to the European Commission. The last complaint, submitted in November, related to the strict rules over issuing a personal number to EU citizens and their family members in Sweden.

And in Sweden, the number of complaints about the Migration Agency sent to the country's Parliamentary Ombudsman (JO) increased by 255 percent between 2014 and 2017, with waiting times one of the most frequently recurring issues.

Hey,

I applied on 5th October 2017 and had my interview on 18th May 2018. I was informed about the case officer 3 days back. We have contacted and she has confirmed that she is indeed our case officer and she'll start reviewing our case in few weeks.

I was considering applying for the request to conclude a case but now I'm a little nervous that it might affect my situation (As I already have a case officer).

Hi guys,
So i went for my interview 2 weeks ago ( 11 September) and submitted the request to conclude case the day after (12 September). I just received an email that my case has been concluded. Its public holiday In SA and will have to wait till tomorrow for and answer. The suspense is killing me. Does the MV send the result to my partner in sweden?
Lucian

Hey LucB22,

Good luck to you. Hope you get your residence permit! :)
The decision will be sent to the address that you wrote/mentioned on the "Request to conclude a case" form that you filled up.
Keep us updated :D

Also, I'm guessing you could call either the migration office or the Swedish embassy in your country and ask. Though, I'm not sure about it.
Be positive and I really hope you get a positive answer.

My partner emailed our case officer and she confirmed that I have been given a two year resident permit. I am really happy and so much grateful for all you guys guidance and support. I really appreciate it. I definitely recommend submitting the request to conclude case form. Since it was introduced people got their answers very quickly. I will pray all get positive answers soon.
Thanks again guys

My partner emailed our case officer and she confirmed that I have been given a two year resident permit. I am really happy and so much grateful for all you guys guidance and support. I really appreciate it. I definitely recommend submitting the request to conclude case form. Since it was introduced people got their answers very quickly. I will pray all get positive answers soon.
Thanks again guys

Congratulations i wish all of us a positive answer