Resident/permit decision waiting time

Yes Sarah all the best and fingures crossed :)

Sarahsatchie wrote:

Hello from South Africa, thanks for sharing this post. I've applied to move to my partner in Sweden on 04 July 2017, we are still waiting for MV to let us know about the interview and biometrics. They have emailed my partner today to ask for a little more information. Hope we are close to getting some feedback 🙌

Wow sarah. I came and moved to sweden at the same time as you. 4th July. But i have already got everything done, all the processes took just less than 1 week. Such as, Residence Permit, Personnummer, Swedish ID kort, And Bank ID. Well good luck to you.

Hi i am a filipina  working  in uae. My fiance and i applied  exactly 1 month ago before  i received an emai from mv to contact the nearest swedish emassy here. And exactly a month after i will go for an interview with them
Can anyone  know how long will it take to get results from mv. ?
Thanks,

Clarrie hey,when did you apply which year ? No one knows how long it takes for MV to gibe results ,it vary from cases to cases .good luck at the interview let us knowhow it goes :)

Hi sawal, we applied last month. Feb 23 2018.

Clarrise wow that was fast ,good luck .:)

Hi Clarisse,

I am also filipina and I am here in UAE (Dubai) too. You got a schedule for interview in a short period of time,me and Salwa applied and interviewed at the same month.Applied August 2017 and got an interviewed December 2017 its more than seven months now waiting for the result. I checked on the website it shows the waiting period will be 17 -24 months 😞. Best of luck to all of us and hoping we got good news soon.

Hej  girlzone ,I emailed MV to know where my case is ,which unit and if I was assigned a case officer ,I got an answer after  2 weeks that I have a case officer and that my case is at unit 2 in borås .have you emailed MV to know if you have been assigned to anyone or what's going on with your case ?

I totally wish we have the postivt beslut soon :)
Goodluck to all of us the big day will come soon its frustrating to wait but iam looking at the price :)

Hello Salwa, I didn't sent email yet. Really it was a good news if you got a case officer who will handle your case I just checked on the website I enter my domain number and result i got the waiting period approximately of 17-24 months there is possibility to be early on that it was only based on the waiting period of the other applicants with same as mine. Me and my husband become frustrating but I hope we receive a good news within this year. Goodluck to all of us☺️

Hey girzone and salwa, lets hope for the best. Let me here more of your updates. Thanks

Hey  girl zone ,the time indicated at the website its never precise, I have seen 2017 decisions so iam hopefu:).plus if I read correctly only they are trying to go with the regulation of a case been given decision within 9months .iam positive that we will get soon result to put a smile on our faces :)

Hello Salwa,

That's great lets pray for that  and best of luck for all of us☺️☺️☺️

Hi I'm Jen
I also waiting for my residence permit here in Sweden. I applied on April 2017 ang got interview on October 2017 but without biometric. And I'm still waiting for the decision until now.
Best Jen

HI Jen,hope you hear good news from MV.
What was your case?
What was your partner residence permit? Temporary?permanent?work permit?refugee?

Hey Jen ,was it an inside application ?

Hej Salwa! I applied a residence permit to live my husband here in Sweden. Yes I applied inside Sweden we already interviewed but it's over 1year now and I've still waiting for the results

Hey legend! I applied a permanent we married here in Sweden and I hope I can get a good news. I learned and speak already the Swedish language because I stay here for nearly 2 years this August. But we never heard from MV.

Hey legend! I applied a permanent we married here in Sweden and I hope I can get a good news. I learned and speak already the Swedish language because I stay here for nearly 2 years this August. But we never heard from MV.

Hi Jen ,mostly I see other people apply for extension first before permanent .but if you have been living with your husband at the same address for 2 years and you haven't been out of Sweden more than a month I guess there's not problem .extensions take 3 to 5 months as I have read in other forums .
I applied for a resident permit in august 2017 did interview and biometrics so far nothing from ,but hopefully soon since it's soo frustrating been away from my bf . Lycka till Jen update us how it goes :)

Hi Everyone,

This is my story, i just want to share this and give me some advice. I'm from the Philippines. Apparently, I had an AuPair Job Offer last year, My host family applied for my Visa online at MV last October 2017, we thought this process was easy, It's April now and my case is still pending decision. My host family gave up already last March, becausethey waited for like 5 months, my language course started already last Month too. Now, i dont know what I'm supposed to do now with the floating visa application. Can i still use it to another host family or should i reapply again and wait forever? This left me devastated because i left my job here because we thought I'd be there soon.

@radj123 - which country  are u going to?

Sweden

Rjd 123, am afraid I do not know about aupair visas. Applying online for resident permit normally it take 10-24months as it's been shown at the website .but also takes lesser waiting time .am afraid for your case ,the application won't help now since the family already gave up and you can use that to another family maybe apply again with their contacts and there address .

Hej Rajd123,
Have you process the papers in embassy and have you attend an interview because without interview they don't process your papers

Hej Salwa
I come here tourist and we extend for 6 months and now we applied for permanent

Hi Jen i understand ,people have to search for a resident permit first before extension or permanent .to my understanding you are searching for resident permit not a permanent.
In order to search for a permanent you have to have lived with your partner /husband together in Sweden for a max 2-3years then you can search for permanent.
Also if I understand correctly you applied when in Sweden or before coming to Sweden ?

Hi Salwa
I applied in Sweden but they said that it's not allowed to process here and some people said also that the MV give me penalty for this. But I don't do anything wrong I only want to live with my husband. Is that really true that I've got ban for 5 years?

Hi Rajd123,
I was a aupair too before in Denmark. What happened is your host family send a papers to you? In my case I was applied an aupair 2014-2016 with the help of my aunt in Denmark then. My host family interviewed me via Skype. And they send me the application papers and my insurance and of course I accompanied with my paper in Philippines. On June I process my paper in royal Danish Embassy manila I paid 18k for the process of my visa got biometric also and I appointment my interview. After interview I got my visa on July since my arrival is on August. The processing of the visa is 2-3 months. Is your host family follow up your papers in Sweden. Because that is their job also not only your. If there is something luck of the requirements the embassy called you and ask that from you or to your host.

I wish if I can help but unforchnatly I don't know

Hi Jen,normally when applying for a resident permit ,you have to be in your home country ,after application you can apply for a visit visa ..when the decision is ready and you are still in Sweden the MV normally email you to get out of Sweden to make the decision ..

Iam not a position to tell u if they will ban you ,but if already you have been to an interview then they didn't see any reason to reject it before calling you for an interview .

For me that's a good sigh and keep positive :) ,I left Sweden June last year and applied august 2017 did interview with biometrics and all but nothing from MV I minis man soo badly , :( but am looking at the price it will be worth it

Hey I will recommend you apply from outside ,applying from inside I have seen from others takes longer .just visit each other while waiting for the decision and take a lot of pictures with friends family and all ,and also the partner in Sweden must meet the maintainance requirement .your application will be over before you know it :)

Hej Salwahallison,you mentioned that you sent email to MV to check the status of your application may I know how many days before you received a reply.
I sent email last week and until now I did not receive a reply yet what is the status of my application if my case having case officer or what 😞

Hej girlzone yeah it them 2weeks to reply to my email so give them this week they reply soon ,good luck let us know how it goes xx ☺️

Dear Salwa,

Ok thanks I will let you know what they will reply ☺️

Hi Salwa,

I received a reply from MV and my case don't have assigned case officer yet I am still on the queue 😞😞😞

Hey girl zone ,I emailed my case officer today let's see how long it takes them to answer me too ☺️ Good luck to us

That's great!!! Good you have the name and email address of your case officer you are lucky for me I dont have idea until when I will be in the queue but hoping for the best
Goodluck to all of us 👍🏻

Girzone yeah but sometimes they say they are not so waiting to see what the reply  says :)

Hi again,
As I told, I applied for residence permit to live with my husband in Sweden.Because of the rule, we don't need to meet maintenance requirement. Nevertheless last week, they emailed my husband and asked for additional information about housing and residence permit.
My husband went to MV to ask why? 
And also registered his house lease contract  and salary.
The officer told him,it is not necessary to register and after registering these kind of documents, MV checks whether application needs to complete with them or not?
I have no idea, is it a good sign for us?
I think they assigned an officer to us, do I need to wait for long time, despite the fact that our application is in permit unit(I think)?
I cross my fingers to get our residence permit as soon as possible 🙆, Given that I've heard MV is not crowded as it used to be.

Hey Legend_fable

This is a good sign - we got a similar requestthree weeks ago and now I have an interview 🙌

Stay positive!