Resident/permit decision waiting time

Hey the decision will come soon x

Hi to all, just to let you know that migration sent me an email last Friday saying that if I don't need visa I can travel Sweden to get taken my fingerprints and my photo. I entered to migration site to see my case and it just said they had made a decision already but couldn't be showed the answer there, so my husband called migration and they said that Yes I was allowed to get a resident permit for 4 years. We are extremely happy now! I had already planned to visit my husband this coming Monday anyway, but the answer arrived in the exact time before I'm going to travel! I just wanted to share this happiness with you all. And good luck with your waiting.
I recommend your boyfriends or husbands call and bother migration asking how your documents are going on, I think if they see your partner is interested, they could work faster 😊

Yahhhhh!!! Wow I can imagine how you two must be feeling ! Congratulations if I may ask when did you apply ?the conversations here are soo many to find where you shared when you applied.sooo happy for you guys !i emailed me asking how our case is going am still waiting for a case officer again ,I don't know why or what happened to our case officer 😔. Now on the queue again but Iam hopeful

Just found it so you applied in March 2017 decision in June ..like I said before u might an answer me me 🤣 which has come to that ..Iam soon going 1years in august but hoping I get the decision after 1yr wait or few months  still hopeful and again congratulations 🎊🎉

Congratulations! I can imagine how happy you both must be. Cheers to a great life ahead in Sverige 🤩😁

Would you mind sharing when you had your interview and which MV branch processed your application?  Would be great to know :)

Hey,

Has anybody been waiting the residence permit with a child? My baby ( 9 months) old and I have been waiting the decision from 21st February 2018. We had an interview on 14th of May. My husband is in Sweden. He has the residence permit. We are in Serbia now. Do you know if we could visit him, or wait for the decision there because of the baby? 🤗
And if we could visit him, do they stop the processing time? I heard that they do not touch your papers until you come back in your country.
Thank you very much!
💞

Hey Ivana!

Unfortunately I don't know much about how it works when you have a baby. Though, I have heard that they process the application much faster. You have been called for the interview really fast as compared to others. So that is a good sign!

You can go visit your husband in Sweden by applying for a temporary visa (if you hold a passport that demands a visa for entering Sweden). Though the final decision of granting the temporary visa is in the hands of the Sweden Embassy in your country.
I was told that, they would not put the permit application on hold but if at all I am alloted a case officer while I'm in Sweden, they'll contact me to leave Sweden so they can make a decision. 

I've applied for a temporary visa to visit my husband for one month in Sweden (August 2018). These are the information I was given while I was trying to get to know if my application would be affected while I visit my husband in Sweden.
Hope this helps!
Good luck on your Residence permit. :)

I do not need visa to visit my husband. Thank you very much for the information. It is great that they don't stop the processing time.
Good luck❣

Hey Shirani, thank you so much. Yes, in fact we are still very happy. Sorry for the late answer. We are having vacations in Spain but after a week I arrived Sweden and they took my fingerprints and my photo, MV sent to home my permit card, I'll get it when we back home of course. I asked a permit of residence and work. I did it when I was just Sambo with my partner, as long it took long time, we got married and I took more documents with me to interview of course. I hope you can get fast the answer. Since I applied, it took us 15 months to get the answer but I guess it depends on the country we come from. I'm from Peru.
Good luck to you all! Anything you want to ask,
just feel free to do it.

Hey ivana,from what I see other parents experience while waiting on this ,you can of course apply for the temporary visa to visit,this will depend on MV since some get or get rejected .if you happen to be the lucky ones who they don't need a visa to visit ,inform the migration that you are visiting . But I won't give you hopes up saying since u got interview fast is a good sigh nooo! Some get the interview early others at the end or close to a decision it's just depends with your cases since cases are different .

Lycka till to you two and be postive always pray a lot ☺️ Let's here from you soon keep us updated

Thanks Salwahallison. Good luck to you, too.  :)

Hi! Do you mind if I ask where you aren't processing from? I'm a Colombian citizen with a PR card from Canada and want to compare :) thanks!

Hi I applied from Kenya 🇰🇪 august 2017

Hi DaniaOlss,

I applied from Serbia in February 2018. If you asked about my case.  😁

Thank you guys!

Hej Salwa,

I hope you are well.

I'm currently visiting my fiancé in Sweden for Semester, we were both wondering if you had heard anything from MV? We are both curious about their turnaround times after the interviews.

Best Wishes,
S

Hey Sarah ,unfortunately nothing from MV ,we texted asking how goes our bussiness we got a reply that we are on the queue for a case officer /decision making ,we are hoping we hear something from them after the vocation .next month is going to be a year of waiting so only hope ☺️.have a lovely stay with your partner fingures crossed we all have good news soon 😄

Hej!

I lurked this message board a bit while I was waiting for my residence permit.  Here is how my timeline went (I'm from USA, wife is Swedish citizen):

-Applied March 2017
-Married in Stockholm June 2017
-Rejected August 2017 (my wife's housing contract was with the owner of the apartment, not the building which I guess is against MV's rules)
-Appealed August 2017 (we miraculously bought our own apartment within 2 weeks), rejection overturned.
-Applied for tourist visa extension August 2017, approved until end of December (MV said case decision would be made then)
-My wife was asked to provide additional work information 5 or 6 times (she is a freelancer in a creative field and every time a contract would end MV would ask for the next contract.  They do not seem to be fans of freelancers even though she has never been unemployed in her field)
-MV did not make any decision when we were told they were, I had to remain in the USA until end of March 2018
-Interview in San Diego April 2018
-Applied for tourist visa extension June 2018 (not granted but MV asked me to leave for a decision to be made)
-Residence Permit granted July 2018 (two years)

We went through 5 different case managers (one of them was great and communicative, the rest not so much).  It was a roller coaster but it seems like they are maybe starting to get things smoothed out.  Best of luck to all!

Hi George,

Thanks for lurking 😋

Grateful for the detailed information you have shared. So glad you and your wife have gotten your application approved and a decision has been made in your favor.

Please could you elaborate on the reason as to why MV rejected the residence contract? It is really weird. How do they issue their rejection notice?

5 case officers later - that is terrible! Did you have to do the interview as well?

Sincere apologies, in haste I overlooked your response re the interview you attended in San Diego

I received an email that said the case had been decided.  I had to phone the San Francisco embassy who informed me that it was a rejection due to a housing stipulation.  They explained that it was considered a "second hand" contract and didn't meet their qualifications.  It was probably more accurately described to my wife (I had very little contact with anyone at MV, they almost exclusively communicated to my wife). 

I did do the interview.  Had a nice chat with a very nice woman at the San Diego office who asked pretty basic questions and a LOT of questions as to why we had a city hall wedding as opposed to a more traditional wedding but she was super cool about it.  I brought lots of photos.

Hi, I would just like to share my residence permit experience. I applied for residence permit to move to my husband February 2018 and was given a decision (approved) May 2018 and got my RP card June 2018. I hope everything goes well with everyone too! 😁

Hi Lucy,

That is is pretty epic! Congrats!

Please could you share a bit more about where you applied, if your husband is a Swede and if you have both lived together outside of Sweden before?

Many thanks

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Swede. We have not lived outside together although we go on trips to see each other. When I saw the e-mail stating a decision has been made, I was super worried that it was rejected because I was not even interviewed, which I know is part of the process. After a week, I flew to Embassy of Sweden Bangkok to do the biometrics, and got the RP card in Manila after 2 weeks! 😊

Hi guys..

I would like to ask if it is okay to go visit Sweden while waiting for the decision? I applied Residence Permit Dec 25, 2017, been at the interview first week of April 2018. i was in Sweden last April after my interview in Bangkok i flew to Sweden and now planning to go back on October. it's my 3rd time to visit Sweden this time with a tourist visa, been visited before i applied for Residence Permit, Any advice is highly appreciated.

PS: it's already 7 months waiting for the decision. I'm a filipina.

Hey Aima,

Yes, you can go and visit your partner is Sweden while waiting for the decision. They won't stop processing your application but if at all you get a case officer while you are in Sweden, and the case office wants to make a decision. MV will ask you to fly back to your home country and inform them. So they can make a decision (as they don't make decisions while you are in Sweden).

You would have to apply for the temporary visa (if you are a passport holder of a country that requires visa to fly to sweden). While applying, clearly state that you are waiting for decision on your permit and you are going to visit your partner and that you won't over stay.However, it is all in the hands of the embassy to grant you a visa.

If you do not need a visa to fly to Sweden then, all you would have to do is call Migrationsverket and inform them about your travel and travel dates.

It has been 9 months of wait for me already, and I'm flying to Sweden to visit my husband for a month in 10 days on a temporary visa.  Do get in touch with me if you want further information.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Aima you can always visit sw den while waiting for the decision ,remeber to notify the MV about your travel /the visit . It's been a year for me now still waiting for the decision .
Goodluck ☺️

hey Shirani,

Thank you so much for your very specific reply, this really help. I will stay in Sweden for a month on October and yes i need a temporary visa will process soon.

my Fiance emailed the MV and we got a reply that stating we are waiting for available officer for our case. which is sounds bad for me that there is no officer available to process my case. it's frustrating!

hoping to get an answer and positive result for all of us soon.

hey Salwahallison,

thank you for your reply. Yes still waiting, we will get a decision soon. goodluck.

Hey,

I'm glad it was helpful. I know, it can be extremely frustrating but I guess that's the reality for so many of us here.

Hope you get a case officer and a decision soon. Good luck to you. :)

Thank you guys .. we'll keep in touch :)

Yes do update us ☺️

hey guys, i'm here again.

I just got an email from the MV stating that A manager has been assigned for my case.
and it has an email of the officer, Should i email her?

Who has an experience with this kind of situation? I need info. please.

Thank you...

Hi Aima-

From what I understand every case is different but my from my personal experience, contacting our case managers did very little.  I always got a reply but sometimes it wasn't from the case manager him/herself or it was a just a confirmation that my email was received. 

It seemed much more effective for my spouse to contact the manager but again, every case and case manager is different. 

Our tactic was to just let them know that we were paying attention and asking things like "just making sure you received our documents correctly."

hey mysweetgeorge785..

Thank you for sharing :) i will try to email and ask my status.

Thanks ..

Hey alma wow that's good news ,in a few weeks u will get a decision soon this I believe you should email her and ask if she needs more information (just make sure she's is your case officer ) I got one in January was even sent his contacts but unfortunately when he didn't respond we asked again then we were told we are still on the queue😞 , but if she has contacted you both that's good news 😊

Hi I'm a new member from Kenya I applied for resident permit on 7 July 2017 to move to my partner and interview on 12 January 2018 and done beometric and fingerprint at the same day  i hope to get an answer soon and to all of you you waiting

Hey Salwahallison..

You're reply really makes me feel better, thank you very much for the advice.

Good luck 😊

Hey also do the biometric at the same day of my interview

Hi said Iam also from Kenya and have applied august 2017 did the biometric the same day plus fingerprints , still waiting for decision