Living in kuwait

hey all,

i was wandering if anyone could help me with prices of living in kuwait, just for a decent apartment and bills.... min and max would be good..

also if i move to kuwait i will be working in the sharq area so i would want to be living some where near this area... any area i should be aware of.. good and bad things?

what areas are cheaper then others...

thanks

set yourself a ceiling of 300KD for a decent apartment, 350 for superior, minimum you can find is about 250 in Dasman area which is close to sharq. Apartments are spacious, and parking is plenty.

Sharq is close to dasman, which is in the heart of kuwait, the capital, kuwait city. the dasman area near sharq is also close to the amiri palace, so security is top notch. sorta.

mostly all apartments will tell u that they will cover your electricity and water bills, which even at tehir worst, electricity would cost 20KD at the highest,and thats nonstop use of all appliance etc.

fuel in kuwait is cheaper than water, so dont worry about driving.

theres no real map for prices as per locations, you can read the paper and find different offers in different areas with different specs, the rooms will be different, the utilities etc.

i would suggest you take a place near to your work place initially, then when u get here, work out moving to a cheaper area (once u have a car etc).

hope this helps. anyhting else feel free to ask.

thanks for the info legacy.

do you think 50kd - 100kd can get a decent place? I was speaking to my employer and they have changed arrangements to give me money to get my own place instead of them providing it..

"according to the market real estate" I was told 50-100.

50-100? this is very low i dont think you will find any decent flat with utilities with this money. 50-100 is usually what people pay to share accomodation if im not mistaken.

Good luck though

KD 50-100  is nowhere unless you share it some people.rents have risen sharply in few years.minimum u can get for 190 if you are lucky.but its hard to find such accommodation.i am living in my building for approx 2decades and rent is 130+5 for caretakers to wash my fathers car.

minimum for a one bedroom is in the area of 170~200, im sorry, 50~100 is not this day in age, or atleast not for a flat ot yourself, if you wish to share accomodation with strangers, you can find ads for that in the local papers here.

back in the 1990s, rent was 100KD for a 2-bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment, luxoriously large, with a big balcony. they then raised it to 110, and now, the apartment sizes have halfed and the rents have doubled.

Kuwait is very capitalistic when it comes to realestate, and inconsiderate when it comes ot parking.

The almighty buck drives all.

thnks every1, i will have a talk to him about this as i have no intention of living with anyone!