Housewife driving lisence

Hi I'm dewi, I will move to kuwait soon from Qatar, my husband just arrived there, now My kids (7 & 11 years old) and I are waiting for the visa, i live in Qatar for 6 years and i drive here. My question is : can i convert my Qatar driving lisence to kuwait DL? I heard not easy to get it and the government rules always change. Please let me know the update about this.
Thank you.

Best,
Dewi

Not sure if you will be able to convert the Qatari DL or need to take the test again, but as a mother of school-going children you should be eligible for a driving license. And you are right, rules always change, the only way you will know for sure is t visit the traffic department here once you relocate as it is ultimately at the discretion of the man in charge over there.

Good luck!

I know for fact that you can drive here or in any of the Gcc countys, as long as you have the DL from any of the member countries, what am not sure for how long!

mbtel4000 wrote:

I know for fact that you can drive here or in any of the Gcc countys, as long as you have the DL from any of the member countries, what am not sure for how long!

That I am sure of though - until you get your Kuwait residency.

Yes my only concern is about kids transportation, can't Imagine how hard taking kids to school n any activities without driving, thanks for the answer👍🏻

Thanks for the answer, at least i can drive even just for short time😜