Private Drivers

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding private drivers. I'm wondering whether it is worth getting a private driver here in Kuwait and paying a flat rate per month. He/She or the company will for most days just be doing one journey to and from work which currently is costing me 6KWD per day but also be at beck and call on some occasions. Something like 70-100KWD per month is the kind of service I'm looking for.

Any ideas if these companies exist? If so what am I expected to pay per month for this sort of a service?

Shaz And Grecia

I don't know anyone with a private driver here, but the third post in this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-e … it-473416/

Mentions that some of the car rental agencies will rent you a car and a driver.  Based off my previous experiences with car rentals here though, you'll probably be paying 5-10kd a day in car rental costs alone.  I'm not sure if a driver would add to that cost or not (I'm betting it will)

Is there someone you work with that you could car pool with?

Thank you. Carpool would be viable for me but not for my wife who works a way away from her post and colleagues. is there a place where you can perhaps carpool with others outside of work?

I had this idea that setting up an account with a taxi firm or organisation and paying a flat rate per month would be more cost effective than paying a taxi everyday.

That's a good question!  I haven't heard of such a thing, but that sounds like an excellent idea.  There's a taxi company the guys use at work, from what I understand they speak decent english.  It might be worth it to give them a call, "Fulail Shaheed Taxi" the number is 9963 8496.

SMART taxi!! Yes we use them. Posed the question to Fulail the other day. He said he doesn't operate on this model perhaps because it's better for him to stick with pay per ride.

I will continue my hunt. I'm sure there's a company out there somewhere.