Best place to look for a job for south african

Hi

My husband is in IT Security and we currently live in Cape Town, South Africa and wanting to relocate to Mauritius. My sister and her family live in Mauritius and are residents through her husbands family. Where is the best place to look for a job on the internet that would be willing to employ a South African? Do you perhaps have anything available?
Thanks so much
Mel

This would be valuable info we can all benefit from. I'm assuming alot of the BPO centre's in Ebene would be a start.

Hi Mel

There are a lot of prospects in the IT Security sector in Mauritius. I know a few of the Big Fours (i.e. PwC, E&Y, Deloitte and KPMG) have solid teams in this area.

Whether a company would be willing to employ a South African will depend largely on the size of that company and its capacity to cater for the requirements which come with providing expats with the relevant Occupation or Work Permit (there is an associated basic salary requirement and also a need by that company to explain why a Mauritian is not available to fill the vacancy in their firm). Your best bet is to have a look at companies having affiliates in South Africa. That could maybe ease the administrative burden that comes with the application of a Residence/Occupation Permit in Mauritius.

Aditi

You haven't said whether your husband is looking for an expat package or more localised.
A lot will depend on his seniority, technical competences and experience. Look on some of the job websites such as MyJob and CareerHub

Thank you for the info about working in Mauritius. I would like to know how much money do you need to go live in Mauritius as in retirement maybe?

Marie1959 wrote:

Thank you for the info about working in Mauritius. I would like to know how much money do you need to go live in Mauritius as in retirement maybe?

$30K per year ad aeternam ad infinitum ( must be 50+)

or purchase  a house (PDS) >US 500K or above