Finding a Part time job in Interior Design in Mauritius

Hello everyone,

I'm an international student currently studying Diploma in Interior Design under administration of TAFE, Australia in Mauritius. I'm on student visa which is of 2 years.

Is there anyone here who can provide information on how I can venture into the world of interior design as a part timer as I'm a full-time student.
I tried searching in Jobs in Mauritius section but couldn't find anything. Even the search box doesn't have any interior design category.

Can anyone help me out please.

Thanks a bunch

Hi MaurtazaBaloch,

First thing you should find out, is whether you are allowed work on a student visa.

I doubt this is possible...

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi,

Work under a student visa (not exceeding 20 hours a week) is allowed in Mauritius under certain conditions. Here they are:

(This is an extract from the University of Mauritius website but I would safely guess the rules apply for all other accredited tertiary institutions)

http://www.uom.ac.mu/Images/Files/Regul … itions.pdf

That said, I'm sure sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme.

Hello Bhavna,

Working part time being a student is allowed as I have confirmed that from the University. The only requirement is that, first I need to find someone willing to offer me a place with a confirmation letter for part time. Then, that letter should be submitted to the university, where they will request a 20hr/w authorization letter from the labour department.

I hope this does not deters the possible employers. I hope some kind person sees this and is willing to provide the help that is much needed.

Thank you

Thank you WinstonH. Thid is some great info.

WinstonH wrote:

Hi,

Work under a student visa (not exceeding 20 hours a week) is allowed in Mauritius under certain conditions. Here they are:

(This is an extract from the University of Mauritius website but I would safely guess the rules apply for all other accredited tertiary institutions)

http://www.uom.ac.mu/Images/Files/Regul … itions.pdf

That said, I'm sure sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme.

*typo*

"That said, I'm sure sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme."

Corrected:

That said, I'm NOT sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme.

WinstonH wrote:

*typo*

"That said, I'm sure sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme."

Corrected:

That said, I'm NOT sure working as an interior designer falls under this scheme.

Ok I got the point here but can there be anything done. Any tips on finding a part time job. I'm still looking around. Until now no advancement. Hope someone comes with proper guidance as to how to tackle this issue.

Thank you WinstonH