How to make friends in Milan

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Milan :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Milan??

Thanks in advance for your participation

just one minute i am here ya i can see u do u see me also just one second to have a nice friend like me be sure when u write me that u will have a very good friendship what are u waiting 4?

chat with people on here!!

Why not organize Expat.com meet ups?
We are doing it in the Mauritius forum on a monthly basis with a different theme each time and they have a good success.
I'm sure there are a lot of things to do in Italy as well!
Good luck
Arlette

[moderated: pls do not advertise external groups as we do not advertise Expat.com on their website, thks!]

I'm new and have only one canadian friend here but the Italians I livewith have introduced me to a whole host of Italians they are lovely but would like to speak English to people once in a while. ANyone going to the International thing thursday I dont know which bar its in > anyway I know a good Irish pub for 17th.

What's this international event / let me know the irish pub too.

Yup,

The idea is excellent. We should have expat meet ups or may be you know some weekends lunch or something, could be really great!!!

Any meetups scheduled on October or any event where you could meet other people? If you are already in Milan, what is the most effective way to meet people and make friends?

personally, I haven't had any luck. The language is the main barrier. I do speak a little Italian, but mostly just enough to ask directions and such. Would really like to meet up with other people who I can actually talk to.

jonmccon wrote:

What's this international event / let me know the irish pub too.

Ouch you look scary son.

We could all meet up one night on a Saturday at an awesome Irish pub I know in Navigli...??? Cheers, Tessa

is there any meetup planned??
if not i would like 2 take initiative...
my mail id is

Hi looking for friends

Hi Ogehurri,

Welcomeon board  :)

This thread is an old one. I suggest you create your own topic on the Milan forum and introduce yourself. It will help you get better interaction with members.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi someone can help concerning works?

Hi Riteshappadu,

If you're looking for work, feel free to drop your CV in the Jobs in Milan section to increase your chances of getting in touch with potential recruiters.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team