Acquiring employment in Oman from abroad

Hello,

I recently received a position teaching English at a university in Muscat. My fiancee is looking to move with me but needs to find work first. She has a B.A. and CELTA teaching certification as well as 5+ years of experience teaching English to non-native English adult speakers. We have looked at many of the language institutes and schools as well as universities but have not heard anything. Does anyone have any suggestions about acquiring employment in Oman from abroad?  How easy is it to find work teaching English in Muscat with an employer that will sponsor her visa? Where should she apply?

Thank you for your help with these questions!

Acquiring employment from overseas will be quite challenging and might take time. She can come for a visit and look for job while she is here. That would be much easier and faster. Once she finds work, the work visa can be arranged.

desertgoat wrote:

Hello,

I recently received a position teaching English at a university in Muscat. My fiancee is looking to move with me but needs to find work first. She has a B.A. and CELTA teaching certification as well as 5+ years of experience teaching English to non-native English adult speakers. We have looked at many of the language institutes and schools as well as universities but have not heard anything. Does anyone have any suggestions about acquiring employment in Oman from abroad?  How easy is it to find work teaching English in Muscat with an employer that will sponsor her visa? Where should she apply?

Thank you for your help with these questions!

Hi desertgoat,

The nationality of your fiancee would play a crucial role in her landing a suitable job here.

For the teaching of English language, the primary prerequisite in most institutions worth their salt is that the teacher must be a native English speaker.

Landing a job remotely would be highly unlikely. As advised by VidoDido, being physically present here could help expedite matters.

Thank you for the information!