Coasts for broadband (cable - not WiFi)

Hiya! :)
Does anyone living in Malta know what the costs
for a 200GB/s down streams and 50 GB/s
up streams are there?

What are some good ISP's`?

Thanks for reading. :)

Just Google GO Plc or Melita and you will get all the pricing info you need. They are the 2 main ISPs, Vodaphone are an option but I am not sure whether they just use their 4G system.

Not sure how it helps for a German expat in Sweden!!!

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Just Google GO Plc or Melita and you will get all the pricing info you need. They are the 2 main ISPs, Vodaphone are an option but I am not sure whether they just use their 4G system.

Thanks for the info - I will check it out... :)

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Not sure how it helps for a German expat in Sweden!!!

Ha, ha! :) A German expat who has lived and worked in the US, Finland and Sweden - and who is now
planning to move to Malta or (more like) Gozo!
:D

Just managed to terminate our GO contract after much complaining. Phone and broadband was installed last October and still not working. We made numerous fault reports both inperson and online and hardly ever got any response. Was 20euro a month.

Michellegreen wrote:

Just managed to terminate our GO contract after much complaining. Phone and broadband was installed last October and still not working. We made numerous fault reports both inperson and online and hardly ever got any response. Was 20euro a month.

I am sure that you are not alone in that but I don't think there is much to choose from between GO and Melita.
We have been with Go for 4 years and only had one prolonged spell of service interruption. That was when there was an underground cable fault and they had to dig the road up!
We pay €32 a month for phone and 35Mbps but we actually get 40 - 45Mbps on wired connection, WiFi not so good at only about 20Mbps.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
Michellegreen wrote:

I am sure that you are not alone in that but I don't think there is much to choose from between GO and Melita.
We have been with Go for 4 years and only had one prolonged spell of service interruption. That was when there was an underground cable fault and they had to dig the road up!
We pay €32 a month for phone and 35Mbps but we actually get 40 - 45Mbps on wired connection, WiFi not so good at only about 20Mbps.

Ray

Do you have a download limit on that ?

Malteser2017 wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:
Michellegreen wrote:

Ray

Do you have a download limit on that ?

No limit at all and I download a lot, sometimes 2 or 3 films or several TV episodes at a time. I have not noticed any throttling when doing so. If I did I would just use a VPN.

Ray

Be aware that having a fast link here is a bit like trying to fill a dam with a hosepipe.

Sure your speedtests and such to LOCAL servers are good but accessing international servers are heavily contended. The island simply does not have enough bandwidth coming to it to feed many such links.

My 250 mbit link is great but at night you are lucky to see 70mbit out of it during the day it's prettty great though. Latency especially really sux which is no problem for streaming but huge issue for remote computer access and internet gaming.

And if you have more technical needs forget about IPv6 any time soon.

Still. 250mbit all you can eat for less than a €100 you can't complain even when it's "slow" the 70mbit is more than I need so no complaints