Moving to KL

Hi

I am moving with my family (2 kids)from Brisbane to KL in June and am negotiating my package my housing allowance currently around  5000 MYR /month.

I will be working in Petaling Jaya and have heard the British International school is close by.

Is the above sum adequate to secure a 4 bedroom townhouse in a suburb close by?

I have been told to look in the following suburbs are Bengsar, Sri Hartamas areas.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi Dsin030,

Welcome to Malaysisa, just in case  you need a driver to send/pick up your kid from school, don't hesitate to contact me for further info.

There is one international school in Shah Alam, MAZ International you can google it in internet.

We've been in KL for about 18months now and our boys go to British School.

5k is ok but you may not get a great place and 4 beds. Although it depends what you want.

If you want a community then consider condos or places like Desa Park or Valencia. We live in Desa Park and my wife leaves at 7.15 and is in school at 7.35 for a 7.45 start.

It's a lot to take in so give me a shout if you need any further info. happy to help .

thanks guys for the useful tips.

Nearby British International School there are houses but mainly local community. While in Sri Hartamas there are some houses which is within your budget and its about 10 mins via the highway to Bandar utama where BIS is located.