Close

What do you do to make money to live in Mexico?

Travelight I took her comment to mean that she is looking into providing telehealth (over the computer through an internet connection) psychological care to people in the US from Mexico.  This is how she could make money while living in Mexico.

Susan some people will pay out of pocket for that service.  I wonder if it matters what state you are licensed in then.

MagentaHeart :

Travelight I took her comment to mean that she is looking into providing telehealth (over the computer through an internet connection) psychological care to people in the US from Mexico.  This is how she could make money while living in Mexico.

Susan some people will pay out of pocket for that service.  I wonder if it matters what state you are licensed in then.

Well, If that is what she is trying to say, that makes no sense to me. I can't imagine anyone in the U.S. seeking mental health care from Mexico. The other thing is she is a social worker , not a mental help Professional (MHP) or psychologist. Social workers manage obtaining treatment and find housing placement, and follow up care. If the people are in the U.S. I don't know why they would seek a social worker in Mexico to help them.

I could work in medicine here if I wanted to because they have a shortage of qualified nursing professionals for teaching positions. But the U.S. would not be too willing to have me teaching nursing from Mexico. There are also licensing issues, and funding issues.

We work in our home country until we don't need to work anymore. Then we comfortably retire and don't  need to make money.  The Mexicans struggle to earn a living and live on very small amounts of money.  You want to make money here?   Give me a break!!!!  Or just stay in your home country.  This is not the land of Milk and Honey, nor are the streets paved in gold.

Wow!  What a limiting point of view.  We live in a Global Economy and technology allow us to work anywhere there is an internet connection.  Usually epats have a much more positive outlook on life. Do you really need to impose limitation bias on other because you have them?  We live a in VIBRANT and growing Mexican community/economy.  There is OPPORTUNITY EVERYWHERE - it all depends on your perspective.  Thoughts are things...

:offtopic:

Seems that we have drifted way off topic. The topic is "What do you do to make money to live in Mexico?"

Mulfords opinion about thoughts being things is not the subject.  Negative opinions that drive a negative reality is not the topic either. Let's get back to What do you do to make money ?

YES!  Without JUDGEMENT Please!

ddfleming :

YES!  Without JUDGEMENT Please!

Seems reasonable to me.

I attended a telemental health training.  They underscored the need to be licensed in the State the client resides.  I do not know all that needs to be known about it.  It would be nice if it worked without that especially for social workers, because their licenses are not reciprocal among the States.

I am a cpa and will be doing my work on computer. But I am curious what kind of help you need with your business? I am planning to move next year but trying to prepare myself.

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mexico

Travel insurance in Mexico

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mexico

Flights to Mexico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mexico

2 million members!

Watch later