Isla Mujeres Mexico!

I moved to Isla Mujeres Mexico with my husband and 6 year old daughter 7 months ago to learn Spanish and to live and learn a new culture.  So far we love it!  There is a wonderful community on the Island, about 15,000 permanent residents and we feel as safe, if not safer here than we did living in Seattle.  We have made great friends and my husband and I are working on purchasing a property to develop.
The only big challenge has been school.  My daughter goes to a small private pre-school on the Island, which has been an amazing experience but moving forward into first grade there isn't a great option.
A group of Mom's with children in the school has decided to hire a teacher, and essentially staff the school to accommodate the K-1st grade children. 
It seemed like such and easy task going into it but it has proven to be very hard to find a teacher for this group of 5 children. Yes there are just 5 of them! We are looking for a bilingual teacher with high energy and an adventurous soul to come live on the Island and teach our children through exploration and project based learning, math, reading and writing (in English and Spanish) and
Isla Mujeres is a small community 6 miles off the coast of Cancun (a 15 minute ferry ride) that is surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches, has a lively night life and a very eclectic and interesting population.
If you know anyone that maybe interested please respond!

How wonderful for you and your family!  I hear it is lovely there.   I have a background in special education and counseling but am close to retiring so I cannot be of much help to you there.  Still, I would like to make a little money advising young people if possible while still acclimatising to Mexico's culture.  I am hoping to find a community on the Pacific (somewhere between Cabo and Puerto Vallerta).  So I will be actively seeking others in my age range (55-60) who are interested as well.
Best of luck to you on your lovely island!

Hello Bridgetalan and welcome on board  :cheers:

I would suggest you place an advert in our section Teaching jobs in Mexico so as to get interested candidates for the job you are proposing.

Hi Bridgetalan,
I would be very interested in speaking with you, my partner who is a environmental biologist and I a real estate agent are planning on moving to Isla and would love to speak with a young family like ours who has already made the transition. We believe there are many conservation efforts that are needed after our visits. Please feel free to message me 😀

Thank you,

My wife and I are looking at possibly moving to Isla and would like to know how hard it is relocate down there. I am a veteran and my wife works in the medical field. We are looking at the beauty of Isla and any information that you can provide as far as what we need to do be able to move there would be much appreciated.
Thank you,

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Your best business development ideas in Mexico
By Priscilla
Crossing the border at San Ysidro with two computers?
By mfreetofly
Teaching Positions for 2017-2018 Mexico (Coastal)
By alycat926
Spanish Classes In S.L.P
By Iftykhar
Working as an English Teacher in Mexico City
By K00z0h

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mexico

Travel insurance in Mexico

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Mexico

Flights to Mexico