Football in Muscat

Hi

Does anyone know of any clubs or organisations to join for playing social football in Muscat?

I have seen many people playing but I am not sure if they are part of some organised game or just a group of friends playing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Timtam85,

The leisure game of choice among Omanis is football, just like the passion for Indians is Cricket. You can see football being played almost anywhere across the country - in parks, beaches, roadside football fields, etc.

Usually, these casual games are played in the neighbourhood grounds by teams made of friends and neighbours. This is the typical road-side football.

There are also local football clubs where the games are played more seriously. This is the club-level football. Every region has its very own club, where the game is taken quite seriously.

Beyond the club football comes the more serious leagues and super-league levels, where it becomes even more professional. Entry to these is obviously reserved for the locals.

You can easily join in any of the neighbourhood football matches, being played in your own neighbourhood.

@Timtam85

helloo

my i have the address where neighbourhood footbal among the exparts is played,

thanks for your response

@samsonmacfish65 Hello,

Please note that this thread is from 2016 ....

Regards

Bhavna