Give me a break

Can we get a break from all these breaks? Once again, we have slow internet due to a break in a major undersea cable. It is terrible for those of us who rely on the internet for our livelihood.

Thanh Nien News

TUOI TRE NEWS - THE NEWS GATEWAY OF VIETNAM

VIETNAMNET

Asia-America Gateway (AAG) Cable System

The great thing is Vietnam has a vibrant social scene where we can spend our time and meet great people. One of the main reasons I enjoy this country.

Sit back and relax. No need to disconnect from the interwebs, because nature has disconnected it for you.

Everytime I start to experience slow Internet my first thought is to complain to my ISP but then I realize that AAG cable has broken once again... :/

I'm one of those that depend on the internet connecting outside Asia for my family's livelihood. I stay up at night to trade stocks, oil, gold, USD.

Been noticing constant disconnects and most time can't get my real time quotes. It's like buying and selling blindfolded not knowing what the price is.

I thought about purchasing some 3G data credits. Hasn't got to that point yet.

Khanh44,

If your livelihood depended on it then buy 3G data credits or move somewhere else! buying and selling blindfold is what most amateur traders do isn't ??

Can't move when you have a wife and daughter and all her 50 or so extended family in 1 area.

So far no hiccups. Guess it was just last week.

khanh44 wrote:

I'm one of those that depend on the internet connecting outside Asia for my family's livelihood. I stay up at night to trade stocks, oil, gold, USD.

Been noticing constant disconnects and most time can't get my real time quotes. It's like buying and selling blindfolded not knowing what the price is.

I thought about purchasing some 3G data credits. Hasn't got to that point yet.

Satellite based internet will do you well.