Procesing time for Family visas

Hi All,

I am in the process of potentially accepting an offer for work in Saudi Arabia via a contracting company who will place me onsite permanently for their client. I wanted to know approximately how long it takes to get family visas for wife and kids. In addition what is the earliest time i can apply for their visas?

Thanks

Hi

Like many others I went through the process. It might go fast or can take up as in my case up to 10 month due to lack of information. Important is that HR in your company works with you

steps to take are:
1) get your Iqama (resident permit)
2) you need a so-called yellow slip for which you have to hand over in KSA some translated documents. Best if you bring them along when you arrive (I only found out after 3 months being here).
a) Marriage certificate
b) birth certificates
c) your diploma (although it concerns your family (your diploma is needed)
d) many copies of passports and special formats of pass photos

3) Next all this stuff has to return to home country including yellow slip to apply for resident visa.

Please confirm with HR of your company what all you have to bring. Rules change continuously. And you might be lucky that it can be done online for you.

Good luck

Average 6-9 months to get your family here if your company is that good else longer...

Thanks for the replies. I have a follow up question. Can I bring my wife and kids with me on a visit visa and settle them into school etc in Saudi while I work on getting them the permanent residence visas?

AbuA wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I have a follow up question. Can I bring my wife and kids with me on a visit visa and settle them into school etc in Saudi while I work on getting them the permanent residence visas?

Most schools do not accept children who are on visit visas.

Thanks