Passing motorcycle license in Jubail?

Hi everyone,

Are there any driving schools in Jubail where one can pass his motorcycle driving license? My husband is thinking of passing his, though I seriously feel that it isn't safe to be driving a motorcycle in Saudi!

Looking forward to your responses, thanks!

WHY?

I wouldn't even think of getting on a bike here.

There are a couple of guys at my compound who have big bikes, but they very rarely take them out where there are people.  Lonely roads are the way to go here.

These people are terrible drivers.

I'm unaware of a driving school in Jubail, though there surely is one.  I'll try to remember to ask around.

Hello there,

I currently live in Jubail. I am thinking of buying a motorcycle and going to/from work riding it.

There is a driving school in Jubail, definately. Ask any saudi guy and they'll let you know. You can get your motorcycle driving license from there. They don't teach you how to ride, though. They'll just test you.

If you need a motorcycle teacher, i can help you or your husband how to ride. Its really easy. I taught myself how to ride and i rode in the US for around 5 years so i know what i am doing.

cheers,

Thanks for the info, Cap_cloud, and will tell my husband about it, he just might take you up on the offer. Cheers!

Riding a motorcycle is not like everyone here is making it look like. I bought my bike in 2007, been riding since and still have my original limbs/body parts. I did meet with an accident and tore a ligament, but that was while riding alone on the dirt 4kms away from the nearest road, not because some careless saudi driver pushed me off the road just bcos he wanted to have fun.

I'm in khobar and there is a driving test centre ("Dallah" in Arabic) where the test can be taken. If your hubby knows how to ride a bike, he can use mine to give the test. PM me if you need more help. Normally, if you buy a new bike from an agency, they will help you apply for/obtain the motorcycle license, registration, insurance and sometimes even provide riding classes/training (Harley Davidson-Dahran does AFAIK).

cheers
Vicks

i have riden all over the world and Saudi is no different you have to be aware of who is around you and think all the time as a lot of people here are not used to seeing bikes on the road. rule 1 ; make lots of noise. rule 2 ; own the road. rule 3; make lots of noise. rule 4 ; never hesitate. rule 5; make lots of noise.  but in saying that this is not the part of the world to learn to ride in.  Be seen be safe. be heard be safer.:cool: