Tourist Visas vs enty visa

For those of you who want to know to get the six months tourist visa you need to go to the Mogamma office which is in Downtown Cairo directly outside of the Sadaf metro station. They close at 3.30 so its best to arrive early because you will have to fill in a form and come back two hours later to pick up the visa.(the Egyptian mesuem is close by if your stuck for things to do for two hours or you could go to the Hilton for beer and shisha). It costs 11 le and you need to bring passport size photos and a copy of your id page from passport and a copy of your entry visa page of your passport and of course your actual passport.
So I got my 6 month visa last week and I didnt get fined for being late cos of the Eid holidays etc and i think there is a ten day grace period anyway.
But I am going home tomorrow for ten days so does anyone know if its valid still if I leave the country and do I still need to queu at the airport to get an entry visa when I return?

Unless you have a multiple entry visa, at the moment you leave the country your visa will be nule. You will have to pay for annother one month visa at the airport at the moment you will get back. And about the 6 month visa, this is not aplicable to all other countries.

This is too late -- you may have already left .. and Mogamma will be closed today!

Perhaps, for next time: Would be an idea to check if a re-entry visa - obtained 'before' you leave - allows you to re-enter Egypt on your existing Tourist Visa?

This idea stems from: 3- and 5-year Residency Visa holders may stay away for more than 6 months, provided they secure a re-entry visa before they leave. (In any case, they may not stay out of Egypt for over a year - else the entire state security clearance process, to obtain the long-term residency visa status, is defunct.)

if you got 6 month visa and you left egypt, as i know you will enter with new visa at airport again, and the old 6 month visa will be not exist anymore.