Renew Visa Help Please

Hi. I recieved a tourist visa at the airport on arrival. Now it has expired, and i need to go renew at the muggama building in tahrir square, but my bf refuses to take me there bc of the continous riots/ protest going on. He says its too unsafe, but i cant cont to stay here withput renewing my visa, as an American citizen, is there anywhere else i can go to do this please?

my work is behind the mugamma building in garden city, today when i passed by it, the situation was safe and normal.

meanwhile, your bf is right concerning being unsafe to go, but it was last week when they closed it by force for arond 4 days.

now it's working normal.

Thankyou, I would, be able to check the situation, before i go down there, as there is no way website to check first, do u mind if i can give u call and as ask about how things are before i go down there. I would really apreciate it.
I am not currently with my bf, so i will need to go alone.

one my friends also did it in Agouza police station,,,they have a section for Visa there,,,,just go to them and say i am afraid of going there and i am a tourist bla bla bla,,,,and they will make it for u,,,,good luck :)

I just recently went to renew my visa for the first time everything was safe and there were no riots or anything going on, Iam also a US citizen,and I took a friend there also and got through with no problems. But be advised that they are only issueing three months visa at a time.