IMPORTANT: Changes to visa rules for some nationalities

I was checking today for some reason the visa rules for Ukrainians wishing to visit Egypt.

Usually when I check I use the IATA Wizard (which is for money, however some websites such as SkyTeam  - http://www.skyteam.com/en/your-trip/Ser … nd-Health/ - or - http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo … ments.aspx - provide the same service for free and pay for IATA on their own).

I found a shocking revelation.

All Ukrainians wishing to visit Egypt can obtain a visa upon arrival ONLY IF

- arriving at Sharm El Sheik (SSH), Saint Catherine (SKV) or
Taba (TCP) airports; and
- remaining in the Sinai resorts. Free of charge.

Before they could just get a visa upon arrival at ANY airport for 30 days for $15.

I checked some other nationalities. Same restrictions apply.

Russians ... Greeks ...... Danish, Even Americans ....

These restrictions were in place before but for some nationalities.....Now apparently it applies to virtually everyone.

Now the tourism is effectively screwed ...

Important warning : If you are an expat living here already, before leaving you need to arrange for your return visa through whatever means.

If you have a valid residence visa and you are leaving for more than consecutive 6 months, you need a re-entry visa before leaving, which will extend it to 1 year.

If you are planning to arrive soon, call the nearest Egyptian representation office in your country (embassy or consulate) to arrange for a pre-arranged visa.

I just hope people don't blame the Islamists for the screwed-up tourism !! ..... They haven't even started running the country yet

Great Post !! Thank you ^_^

I think that you didn't read it correctly, or forgot a part:

Holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Ukraine can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. Fee: USD 15.-.
Holders of normal passports traveling as tourist can obtain a visa on arrival, for a max. stay of 15 days, provided
- arriving at Sharm El Sheik (SSH), Saint Catherine (SKV) or Taba (TCP) airports; and

I don't see the problem??

Geely wrote:

I think that you didn't read it correctly, or forgot a part:

Holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Ukraine can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. Fee: USD 15.-.
Holders of normal passports traveling as tourist can obtain a visa on arrival, for a max. stay of 15 days, provided
- arriving at Sharm El Sheik (SSH), Saint Catherine (SKV) or Taba (TCP) airports; and

I don't see the problem??

Two days ago, this underlined phrase disappeared, and reappeared now ..... Apparently it was a glitch with IATA .....

alhamdu-illah, nothing changed than!