Spouse visa - questions

Hi everyone,

I am an expat-in-progress to Cairo (meaning the work visa process is underway), and I plan to get married (in my home country) shortly after I've made the move to Egypt.

My question is: how will I get the visa/residence processed for my wife?

From what I've been told, she will have to travel on a visit visa first and then while she's here we can have the residence approved.

Anyone have an idea how long it takes to get the initial visit visa and how long it is granted for? Also, how long would the residency approval take? Does she absolutely have to travel on visit first or can the residence be processed rightaway before she travels?

Would appreciate any help I can get... Thanks.

Hello

here is the procedure. She will have to come on visit visa for now as her presence is necessary. normally tourist visa is for 2 month which is extendable easily for another two months on expiry and so on. Change of visa status shouldn't take more then a month or two at max in worst cases

Usually the tourist visa is at the airport in Egypt (i think is about 15 us dollars) and as i know it is valid 30 days. The other visa it will be according with your visa. Good luck

Wild wrote:

Usually the tourist visa is at the airport in Egypt (i think is about 15 us dollars) and as i know it is valid 30 days. The other visa it will be according with your visa. Good luck

Visit visa is granted upon arrival at the airport but not for all nationalities

She has to come on visit visa first then process the residence here. Also contact the Egyptian consulate/embassy in your country to check the notary requirements for your marriage papers so they would be recognized in Egypt as valid authentic documents which can be used for residence visa.

Hi Popmartian
Check this link, it may answer your questions learn4good.com/travel/egypt_visa.htm#req