New to Malta

Hi everyone

I moved to Malta three weeks ago from Dubai. I am South African but spent 8 years in New Zealand before moving to Dubai for 5 years and now live in Malta. 

I am slowly getting used to the Malta way of life which is very different from anywhere I have lived before.

I live with my son aged 11.  My husband works and lives in Tripoli Libya and visits us every fortnight.

I am hoping to meet other expats.

Jacky

So Jacky! you deserted UAE, :lol:
Well I wish you all the best in your new life! Keep us updated on your experience of life in Malta and I hope you'll soon be starting networking over there.
Have a nice day further
Arlette

Hi Jacky,

Welcome to the forum.

Which town do you live in? There are several expat groups in Malta covering different age-groups and interests. Most meet in and around Sliema/St. Julians.

We are just getting ready to go out with the Ramblers for a 3 hours walk ! Just one of the things you can do here with expats/Maltese.

Ricky

Hi Ricky
I live in Sacred Heart Avenue in St. Julians accross the road from the Convent. 

I would love to meet up and walk as I need to shed a lot of weight. 

We were quite lazy in the UAE not doing much walking at all just working and the heat didnt help much.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jacky

Hi Arlette

Thanks for your message.  I had to leave the UAE unfortunately due to my husband working in Tripoli Libya so Malta is the closest port to Libya.

I will keep you updated.  I thought of starting a blog about my experiences in Malta.  Not to sure how to start.

We are slowly settling in but its a very different lifestyle here compared to UAE.

Just wish I could meet fellow SA's here

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

We live on Old College Street in Sliema , right next to the Balluta Bay church. You must be somewhere near here. Not sure where your street is but I'll check it out.

We walk a lot so you are welcome to join in and get together.Give me a private message with your phone number and I'll call you.

Regards

Ricky(and Ilene)

Hi Ricky not sure how to private message as im new to this forum but my mobile number is 990 83971 Thanks Jacky

Hi Jacky

Fine.Will call you Monday morning.

To send a private message you just go the little envelope under the name of the person.

Still not quite sure where the Sacred Heart Avenue in St. Julians is.

Ricky

Great hearing from you Debbie.  I am the only SA lady here in the whole of Malta as far as I know.  There is one person on here that I am hoping to meet who is also SA but he is not here all the time.

Look forward to meeting you and will email you soon.

Jacky

There are other South Africans ladies in Malta for sure - just maybe not on this forum. My wife is friendly with a South African family, esp. the wife/mother, through school - I can try and pass on details if interested.

Tim

Thanks Tim you are a star!  My email address is [email protected]

I am feeling a bit isolated here.  My son goes to St. Martin's college in Swatar and we live in St. Julian's near the Convent

Hope to hear from some SA people soon

Jacky

I'll forward your email address on to my wife to pass on to Jennifer....can't promise anything after that!

Tim

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi Jacky,

Im soon to be moving to Malta, on a temporary basis initially but hopefully more permanent next year.  I have a daughter who is 19 and at university in UK.   

Ive just found this site and sent out a general hello!

Where about are you living in Malta?  have you settled in now?

Suzanna

Hi Suzanna

I am living in St Julians.  Its been hectic here lately.  I  have been working a lot running my business in Dubai from here and unpacking my shipment that arrived last Thursday.  Hopefully next week will be a lot calmer.

My daughter is 20 and working in Hong Kong.

I would love to meet up with you when you arrive.

My email address in [email protected]

Jacky

Jacky - turns out there's a LOT of SA people in Malta - they even have their own facebook page - Jennifer told my wife about this...http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56344587649&v=info

Tim

You are wonderful.  Thank you Tim!!!