Hello to England.

Hi,

I am 20 years old. I want to move to England to live with my wife and my baby son.

I would like to know, where do i have to search online for a rental apartaments, house or a flat. I am not talking about hostels, but real home for me and my family. And some online resources on vakancies.

I expect to live in London or near it.

Thank you for sharing, Edgars and my family.

Welcome to Expat-blog,Edgars :)

Hope that members soon respond to your query and give you info about accommodation and job prospects.

Good luck

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you, already siting all night and waiting for asnwers :)

I am intereseted in one more thing
If enyone knows, it would be handy to know, in England, IT developer, what is the average salary?

Good place to start for rental flats - zoopla.co.uk.  You may want to contact a few rental agents as well.
Remember that housing prices are going to be highest in London.  You may want to look at living outside of London (perhaps in Kent, Surrey or Essex) and commuting in for work.

I did a quick search and found a site that lists average salary for IT Developers at £31,000/year, but salary and job availability will vary greatly depending on level of experience and the IT languages you are familiar with.

Blog: beyondthequeen.blogspot.com

On gumtree.com !

Hi Edgars,

Another good site to check is rightmove.co.uk

I agree with ladyliberty too - it will be much cheaper to live outside of London.  However, if you find yourself working in the city, you'll have to factor in transportation costs, and those can be quite high.

In regards to job/salary info, you can find lots of info on:

payscale.com

nextstep.direct.gov.uk - this is a great place to start for all things 'career'.

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

(No free advertising, Please, Thanks) can find out everything you need to know about England and other useful information.

Hey Edgars,

Warm welcome to London!

I guess the main deciding factor when it comes to selecting where to live is your monthly budget. It's not only the rent but council tax, utilities and transport too. All that quickly adds up (but I'm sure you're aware of that already :D).

Other than rightmove and zoopla, you could take a look at http://www.londonpropertywatch.co.uk/av … rices.html for an overview of rental prices for different size apartments. It's easier to concentrate your resources on finding a suitable accommodation for your family once you have zoomed in onto a couple of locations.

Hope this bit helps!