Moving from Germany to London

My husband just got a job at around more London place by tower bridge. I don't know which area to look for accommodation. I have a 21 months old baby so I will need a 2 bedroom apartment. Which area is kids friendly, with lots parks? What age can I take my daughter in a kindergarten? Is it free? Do they pay child allowance? Is London better than Germany? How much is accommodation for a 2 bedroom in a good area? How is the medical aid there? Please help

Hi Mimpca, hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Our new classifieds system will soon be online too, you'll be able to post your advert there.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Mimpca,
welcome to London. The area depends on your budget but London accounts a lot of kid friendly areas. I have one of 1 year old so I know how it is. I live in Islington but as estate agent for Century 21-Abbey road, I can help you to find a 2 bed in almost everywhere in central London (zone 1 and 2) for free (It is the landlord who pays to have tenants). Please, feel free to can contact me for any advice or information at [email protected]. See you. Leslie.

Hi Mimpca,
Although i dont know all the answers to your questions, I can say one of the best parks in London is St. James's Park. This a bit of a distance from Tower Bridge, but its a very large park and very popular in summer or when the weather is favorable. There is another park that's by Embankment Tube station too. This is a much smaller park compared to St. James's Park, but very clean. May be others can advise you on other parks closer to Tower Bridge and  the other answers you're looking for.
Good luck,
Jaz

(Moderated)

Hi Mimpca,
I moved to London in January with my husband and 19 months old baby. My husband also works near London Bridge. We chose to live in Islington. It is good because he doesn't have to do the difficult commute: west London to East London (many many people do it: not fun). My husband takes about 35 minutes to go to work with the Overground and he likes it (as he can seat in it, a luxury during rush hour).
I think Islington is really kids friendly. You child can start the nursery very early, it really depends on each place. Some starts as early as 6 months, though more often from 12 or 18 months old. The best way to find a nursery is to check the directory from the borough you will live in.
I wrote a post about it:
britishette.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/finding-nursery.html
Hope this will help.
Good luck!
Britishette

Thank you guys for your input especially leslie for all your search for me. I find a place in clapham common and it 15 min by underground to my husband work.

britishette I loved reading your blog. So interesting !!! Il est mignon ton petit prince!!