Nursing in Abu Dhabi - how are nurses treated?

Hi all, I am an Irish paediatric nurse, currently working in London, looking to move to Abu Dhabi in the next 6 months. I have not applied for any positions yet. I am wondering how people are finding the cultural differences in nursing out there. Maybe I have the wrong perceptions but how are nurses treated?(by patients and families) what is accommodation like for nurses? What hospital are the best to apply for? And how are thing form a social perspective? any advice, tips and help would be greatly appreciated as you can probably tell I am a little clueless about the whole thing! N

I have a friend in Al Ain and she is now soon to be the head nurse.  She is doing OK and seems the pay is good as well.  It also depends on your experiences etc.  They live in a dorm the usual thing so better ask those details at your prospective employer.  Everybody is different but expect it to be very busy!

Niamhynoo wrote:

Hi all, I am an Irish paediatric nurse, currently working in London, looking to move to Abu Dhabi in the next 6 months. I have not applied for any positions yet. I am wondering how people are finding the cultural differences in nursing out there. Maybe I have the wrong perceptions but how are nurses treated?(by patients and families) what is accommodation like for nurses? What hospital are the best to apply for? And how are thing form a social perspective? any advice, tips and help would be greatly appreciated as you can probably tell I am a little clueless about the whole thing! N

Welcome to Abu Dhabi. :) This country is a home away from home and you can live with your own culture and the people are ready to accept it. Besides, the package for nurses are good and you can have lots of fun in this country. Most of the hospitals will provide HRA, so that you can find your own accommodation according to your budget. (Please note, rent is too high in Abu Dhabi) Best of luck.  :top: