HELP - which area to live in Abu Dhabi when you have 2 kids?

Hi guys,

Glad I found this website. At the moment we are all very nervous because we will be moving to a different country and continent! I am a mom of 2 small kids and I am looking for a place to live in Abu Dhabi but don't know where to look (which quarters/ area in Abu Dhabi). I found a couple of websites where one can look for accommodation but it doesn't really help when you don't really know on which area you want to live in.

Can anyone help me with this please? I am really desperate with info. Can anyone suggest a nice area to live? safe is my priority because of the kids. Thanks a lot!!

Looking forward to all your messages :)

andrea

Hi Andrea, welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I wish you good luck and i'm sure you will get replies from members soon.
;)

Hi all,

Same question here also (Family with 2 kids), glad I found this site...

Kerm

Welcome to Expat-blog Kerm! :)

We live in Khalifa City A since the end of the summmer. A calm area with very little traffic. Kids can play safely outside. Many schools available.
Other areas just outside the main island are better if you can afford a slightly higher rent than we do. Al Reef, Bain al Jisrain or al Raha beach for example.
On the island itself there are plenty of activities you can with the kids, most of the pretigious schools are there also. But traffic and parking can become your nightmare. And most importantly rents get crazy when you're looking for good compounds with enough room and amenities. Areas I recommend on the island are Marina village, Al Nahyan, Al Zahraa, Al Rawdah, Al Karama...
Good luck!

We also stay in KCA.

Ideally we wanted a villa on the island, but our budget meant that only small 2-3 bedroom places were available, with limited outdoor space for our daughter to play. The place we found in KCA is huge in comparison.

The only downside is traveling into town. My office is downtown close to the cornishe, if I leave home by 6:20am I am in the office by 7am but if I leave home at 6:45, it takes almost an hour to drive in.

Hi
If u want live in quit place I suggest u live in khalifa or if u want to live in
A place u find everything like markets and places to clothes I suggest in downtown
And I hope if I helped u with something

And welcome to UAE