What part of Abu Dhabi do most Americans live in?

Hi, my husband and I are planning on relocating to Abu Dhabi in January or February 2011.  Can anyone tell me if most Americans live in one section of Abu Dhabi?  Also, does anyone know how far Khalifa A and C are from the Mitsubishi showroom?

Thank you!!!

The Americans all live in a big walled area far far away. The wall is not there to keep people out :lol:

The Mitsi showroom is downtown AD in Al Markaziyah district close to the cornishe. Khalifa A is around 30km to the south out towards the airport, Khalifa C is an area of sand, not even a building site :rolleyes:

I don't know where most of the americans live, actually you can live almost everywhere in Abu Dhabi beside touristclub area (far too crowdy always blocked by the traffic).In Khalifa City A are many expats(like actually everywhere ;-) ) i lived there one year but it was to boring and always you need to drive at least 30 minutes to come to Abu Dhabi. As Sandman wrote Khalifa City B is even worse :-( still under construction more sand than anything else.
I prefer to live direct in Abu Dhabi minimum the next 2 or 3 years. And Abu Dhabi is not that big, wherever you live you can catch up with friends very fast. There might be not really a reason to search for a place with the most americans if such a place exist.
But anyway Abu Dhabi is a great place by itself ;-)

Good question!!

I am an American living and working here in Abu Dhabi- but I think we are all scattered- I wish we had a better way to organize.  Anyways if you need help or have questions feel free to ask!!

helloo becca2515
you and ur husbend are welcome to my country :)
and hope you will enjoy living here
mmm not much of americans live in abu dhabi but maybe you will meet few of them here :)

Thank all of you for your responses.  I look forward to meeting new people from all over the world. 

One more question:  Where do most of you live?  Villas or apartments?  I am leaning more towards villas(I am not really sure if I will like living in a high rise).

Thanks again :):D:)

Same as anywhere else, you'll get more space/rooms for your money the further out of town you are.

There are villas available in the city, Al Bateen and other areas, but they are generally older 3-4 bedroom properties. Your best bet is try Khalifa City, 30km out of the city but you'll find plenty of 400 sq.m. 4-5 bedroom properties for around 200K.

Have a drive around, make a note of the phone numbers and deal directly with the landlord.

The estate agents (or realtors, for the yanks) in Abu Dhabi are a bunch of tossers.

I am an American currently in Abu Dhabi, and I am finding my way around...I will be glad to pass along anything I find out!  One thing I have heard is the area near the Abu Dhabi Golf Club is pretty nice.  Not too far, not too crowded, and if you like golf, even better. Can anyone else tell me if this is true?