Indian English Schools

I was wondering if anyone on the forum, that is western, sends their children to Indian English schools? It seems like a great solution to high fees for English-speaking schools. The only negative I have heard is that they have a really tough curriculum. That isn't a bad thing, if you want to raise well educated, successful children. What am I not seeing?

It doesn't sound as though the schools that tout "American or International" are that great. And, they are crazy expensive.

I was in Kuwait a couple days ago. I LOVE it! I felt as though I were in Tampa, FL, but with the ahdan and "proper" bathroom washing facilities 😉. The two things I miss as soon as I return to the United States.

Hi Sherri

I don't recommend Indian school for you, as the culture and way of study which based on memorizing not understanding will be a very big obstacles in front of you and your kids and may affect their future way of studying.

There are some English school with moderate fees and good quality of education and provide English curriculum like Oxford Academy, International Academy of Kuwait, The English Academy, Cambridge school...etc

So check these options first and i am sure you will find what will suit your budget and provide a very good level of education not that far from the top 5 English school in Kuwait.

Thank you for your suggestions. We have been living in Jordan for over four years and it has taken us this long to find a suitable school for the kids. They attend an American Islamic school in Amman, and love it. So, I'm not looking forward to trying to find a right "fit" again.