Lycée français of kuwait

We will be moving to Kuwait this year. Our 7-year old daughter is in the French school system and we would be interested in getting some feedback on the lycée français of Kuwait.  Does anyone have kids there or have experience with the school?

all i can tell u about it is its location unfortunately mon ami :)

but, you could try emailing them and asking them some direct questions, i knew a girl who went there, she moved to my english school afterward, spectacular french, so im guessing it is high calibur.

if u want a french school i dont think there is any other school i cant help much but all i can say is many friends i have have their kids there and didnt get much complaints so its got to be good lol

Thank you for your replies. I know that it is (of course) the only French school in Kuwait.  My question was in relation to how it holds up within the French school system abroad generally, for parents who have their kids in the French system.  Our daughter is bilingual English-French so if the French school in Kuwait is not great, we have the option of putting her in an American / English school.

I would be interested in hearing about any other good or bad experiences with the lycée français.

Hi dear ,
I have some friends , their children are subscribed in the lycee francais de koweit , i will let you meet them when you come to kuwait.

also i give french lessons for children and adults . you can visit my " Bonjour Q8 " in facebook " you are welcome

facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Bonjour-Q8-French-Courses-in-Kuwait/130856783655735

Thanks for your reply, Angel.  If our daughter ends up going to an English or American school, we may well be interested in someone to do the CNED with her on the side.

Hi legacy,

I have been looking for the LFK and can't find it. Could you give me the location?

Thanks

its very simple Focoloco; its in Salmiya, close by to the restaurants street.

do you know how to get to the nbk roundabout in salmiya? the one near the salmiya co-op. theres a dominos pizza there in a huge complex building, and also its close to the salmiya police station.

whre geant is!

so, head towards the roundabout keeping nbk to your right, then just go straight, it should be to your right.

i'll scope it out for better directions; but that is the general area where it is.

its behind a few over grown trees, and will be on your right.

heres how to best go about it, do u know where the international clinic is, salmiya park, those have to be behind u as u head straight.

I was yesterday looking for it and ended at the Gulf English school, behind the Salmiya Park.

Then I guess it is opposite to those.

I know there is a stadium there as well.

I should keep the NBK to my right driving East, correct?

keep the park to ur left, and nbk to ur right, and keep heading straight, u'll get to the roundabout and keep going straight.

Thanks bud, I found it.

Damn!! The sign is tiny and hidden behind the trees!! Plus it looks like a strip mall parking lot.

LoooL

i went there once, at a very young age, as an invitee to a party by a girl there; our french teacher thought it would be a good idea for us to have french pen pals, little did she realise that we were talking on the phone and not via written correspondence :P

i didnt know anyone there at all, but the experience was enlightening

Hi,

I might be moving to Kuwait in the coming weeks.  Did you finally enroll your child at the Lycee Francais?  If so, what is your impression?

Thank you.
Kind regards

Nope, apparently if you do not have enough french blood they aren't interested.

Nevertheless my girls are getting french in their school now. So they will be having classes in english with arabic and french immersions.

It turned out better.

No, we ended up sending her to the American International School instead. The lycée has a nice building, but the teachers in the elementary school are mostly Lebanese, not French, and I had heard very mixed reviews about the elementary school. I also came across this blog, which made me wonder:

http://lyceefrancaiskuwait.blogspot.com/

I have heard good things about the AIS. Some of our friends have their kids there and are happy with it. The only reason we did not choose that one was the languages. We want our girls to speak as many as possible. Otherwise we would have probably chosen that one or secondly the British one.

Our girls are in the Canadian Bilingual School

I would love to hear more recent experiences of the French School...
And also the Canadian Bilingual School.
Thanks!

The Canadian Bilingual School is not only less expensive than most 'international' schools, but they have a really good curriculum (We recently repatriated to Canada and my girls are top of the class).
The Lycee has, unfortunately, a very poor attitude towards non-french speaking people (my girls are fluent, but since we aren't, the director actually dared to look down to us... that was short lived for him). Ranting apart, the children have a very poor behavioural record, even after most of the year has gone by.

The CBS tends to really show the kids how to behave. It is remarkable the difference between how they start and how they finish. This is particularly true with the arab children, which have absolutely no manners or education.

Thanks for your answer, focolo!
The prioritization system in the French schools around the world though is indeed to give priority to kids of French descent (because the French state is partly funding those schools, i.e. with the taxes of French people :)), so I believe that prioritization system is only fair but I do find it odd that they would prioritize arab kids (who don't speak French for some of them) over your already French-speaking kids??...

What you are saying about the behaviour of kids - is that at the French school in  particular, or you mean most schools in Kuwait? And is that based on what you've heard from friends who have their kids there or?...

Thanks again for your help!

No, it is not particular to the Lycee. It is part of the arab culture.

We see it as lack of respect and manners, they apparently don't.

Even at the CBS, after the year is ver and the kids little better educated, they still have a long ways to go.

So anywhere you choose, you will see this. It is just a matter of evaluating the final product.

OK, I get you.
Thanks for your reply!

hi all plz i want to ask about ur reviews about lycee francais...i want to send my son there he is 3 years.but i dont anything about it...will appreciate any review about it...thank u

If french is the reason, you better be a french native (or Quebecois) and your kids speak french.

In our experience the best school we found ( "best" being a cautious operative word) was the Canadian Bilingual School

Hello, Bonjour

I am going to Kuweit for 2 years but am concerned about choosing the right school for my 2 kids. They are currently in the French Lycee in Ottawa and idealy would continue with that system, but I need to know if the French Lycee in Kuweit has high standards as well and what it the rate of success for the French Baccalauréat, because my son will be at that last step next year...
En fait, je voudrais avoir l'opinion de personnes qui connaissent le Lycée Français du Koweït, s'ils connaissent le taux de réussite au bac (car mon fils sera en première l'année prochaine), le niveau de l'enseignement etc. Est-ce que le Lycée Américain a une meilleure réputation?
Thanks

You dont have any other choice,its the only French school in Kuwait.
Sorry to let you know,its the worst,so cheap ,they never renoviate or develop even the building.Imagine with a 50 degree celcius kids are supposed to play in a playground without AC.You're not supposed to drop kids before 7:20 because no to take care of them and as families you have to wait the door open while swetting .
I've heard it was rented from Ministry since more than 20 years and nothing been changed from that time.

I can assure for you that if a new French school open in Kuwait ,90 % would leave the LFK to the new one no matter how it will be .