American schools in Kuwait

Hello,

My husband moved to Kuwait for work and now me and my daughter are considering moving too in a summer if find appropriate school. We are in Kuwait right now on spring break and going through application and testing process.
So far we are considering between ASK and AIS. Please advise which one is better. Reviews are good for both, location approximately too. It just looks like we can be accepted to both and should pay entrance fee. Have to make a decision ASAP as leaving in a week.

Thank you,
Janna

PS. if to choose between AIS/ASK and KES what could be the one?

zjannamel wrote:

Hello,

My husband moved to Kuwait for work and now me and my daughter are considering moving too in a summer if find appropriate school. We are in Kuwait right now on spring break and going through application and testing process.
So far we are considering between ASK and AIS. Please advise which one is better. Reviews are good for both, location approximately too. It just looks like we can be accepted to both and should pay entrance fee. Have to make a decision ASAP as leaving in a week.

Thank you,
Janna

PS. if to choose between AIS/ASK and KES what could be the one?

Hi Janna,

If you are considering the British curriculum, KES would be your best choice among the British schools, the other best is
The English School, which is supervised by the British Embassy http://www.tes.edu.kw/, lesser fees, number of students is less, majority are expats, school premises are bigger
If you opt the American, definitely go for the ASK, supervised by the US Embassy, and better facilities as well

Good luck

Thank you inalsa. We are Canadians and our curriculum doesn't really fit to american neither british one. Probably if ASK so good will go there. Anything bad about them?

i think there is a canadian curriculum school in kuwait, google it
nvm; here is the link

At CBS, we follow a modified Ontario (Canadian) curriculum. The Ontario curriculum provides the base of our studies but additional enriching concepts and resources have been employed from other sources to ensure that the very best programming is provided for our children. Our teachers use Curriculum Expectations and Achievement Level charts to ensure that the expectations of appropriate grade levels are met. These charts are used in lesson and unit planning by the teacher, and are reflected in the report cards and used as references when discussing progress with the parents.

Thank you legacy. I'll check this one. How about the level of education there?

to be honest i cannot really comment; i was brought up on the British English curriculum side of schooling in Kuwait - i do however know that there are teaching forums out there that basically inform teachers of all the challenges they will face at certain schools abroad, cant recall the website tho.

your best bet would be to ask teachers on this forum of their opinion regarding that school - word travels fast in the teaching community. i'll try and let a few feelers out and see what i can come up with.

Thanks a lot legacy. It's really hard if not fitting in some pattern, popular one:). Just have no idea for how long will we stay in Kuwait but return to Canada, so want for my little one adequate education.

tis why we're here to help :)

Between AIS and ASK, my recommendation AIS, this is the best in Kuwait.
it also depends on which curriculum you want to take. IGCSE or IB or American?
AIS will provide IB and American. BSK and many other schools are offering IG syllabus.
All the best