I want to teach in Thailand.

Hi there!
I am Jayrome, Filipino, and currently here in the Philippines. I am planning to work as English Teacher in Thailand but I don't know where to start. I am graduate of BSE - English and has PRC license in teaching. I do have variety of teaching experiences, classroom-based, on-line, and even tutorial to Filipino and Korean students.
Would you help me on how to start my journey teaching abroad?

Thank you very much.

Hoping for your responses.

Hi, English teachers here are popular. You would need contacts and with the time you can do well. Big schools pay more of course. There are many small schools too ( I am from Phuket). Private lessons would need you to make working visa, while schools would provide you with one. Best of luck !
Deyana

akedeya wrote:

Hi, English teachers here are popular. You would need contacts and with the time you can do well. Big schools pay more of course. There are many small schools too ( I am from Phuket). Private lessons would need you to make working visa, while schools would provide you with one. Best of luck !
Deyana

Thank you very much Deyana.
How about the cost of living there? Is it high?

Depends what you compair with.... You can manage with different bugets. There is a facebook Phuket New Era Expats Uncensored and many other which you could see prices of housing. I guess you can find between 2000 till 30 000 bath per month, you could have different deal depend on province, place, area, if you share, if you stay long period etc. Best to find work, later get informed on housing etc. expences. Try to find other forms - there is a lot of info out there. Thailand is known to be easy and cheap to live, but is getting expenciver by the year. Bangkok I think is cheaper than Phuket. Regards