2 bedroom house or flat, prime location, nice view (rent), where and how much
Live in house keeper, what nationality available and how much
Buying a nice 4x4 car, what's the avg prices
Avg  cost of monthly living (single)

Any feedback is appreciated

Rgds,

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Please use the housing section. Thanks.]

Hello Despradoooz.

I would suggest you to have a look at the Properties for rent in Bangkok section or even post an advert there.

I would also advise you to read the different threads on the Cost of living in Bangkok Forum for better insights.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Thanks a lot, where can i find some info about live in house maid preferred nationalities, i ve been advised to look for different nationalities than thais without justifications, but told that burmeese and nepalise are more convenient...

Any feedback on this...

Rgds,

Hello Despradooz,

I work for property leasing agency and I quite know the rental rates in the market. For 2 bedroom properties in prime location the price starts from 55,000 Baht up. Sukhumvit is one popular expat residential area, you'll find loads of apartments and condos there.

For house keeper, I've checked with my colleagues the rate now is 12000 baht per month, this rate is only for basic house chores such as cleaning, laundry and ironing.If you need someone to cook for you you'll have to pay more.
Thais would be a better option as they can help you more in getting around and doesn't need to pay for visa.
You may also check these websites for more information.
www.ruenpeeranun.com
[email protected]

Hope these helps. Good Luck!

Thanks for replying on Expat.com. I'm not sure where I should be located. I understood that there're couple of areas where expats live where I can chose between them, one of them is Sukhumvit that you have mentioned.

I have 4 kids so it might be more convenient to look for a house, not sure if Sukhumvit has houses or it's only for condos & appartments. However since schools have already started in Bangkok, it will be difficult to move the family with me at least for the first semester before they join.

So yes I may go for a condo then change to a house, or I may go for a house from the start. I believe this is something my work is planning it... I will have just to see the options they have & chose one of them.

I'll definitely will need a live in house maid who can cook & take care of everything since I'll be alone for at least first 4 months till family join. As you suggested Thai is a much easier option since no visa required, but I've been told that Burmese are more convenient for Expats. I'm not sure how true this talk & in which manner they're better actually. But I will check this when I'm in Bangkok if you would like to help in this regard. Are Burmese need visa & work permit to work. Is there any problem having a live in maid as single. I remember in Bahrain while one of my previous assignment it was not allowed to get a live in house maid unless you have the family living in with you. How's the case in Bangkok??

I checked the website you have sent me & it looks more like a spa website, selling body care products... Thailand as I understand is the true land of Spas.

If you don't mind I would like to get a feeling of how the life looks like in Bangkok, day & night life, outing, what to do in weekends, is there any near by beaches you can head for in week ends, how's the weather look like in this period of the year, etc...,

Yalla, talk to you later

N.B. i couldn't send to yr email you mentioed ( sure i replaced the[ at]

I checked the website you have sent me & it looks more like a spa website, selling body care products... Thailand as I understand is the true land of Spas.

It is!!

Hello,

The website is not only spa. You can see in the upper part that it offers Baby Sitter and maid services as well. When you click the photo you will be redirected to this web address. http://cbc.ruenpeeranun.com/

You can also contact the following for more help.

02 982 2652     Bamrung Onsuwan   
081 630 2052    Team Up Services                                   
02 656 7024-5   Kid's Home & Family Services/[email protected]

If you will be alone for a couple of months, I think a serviced apartment will be more suitable?

Yes, you can have live-in maids here even you stay alone.That is not a problem here.

Other nationals working in Thailand certainly needs a work permit.That is a must.

There are lots of things you can do on weekends. You can go out of town, go to beaches only less than 3 hours drive (Cha-Am, Pattaya, Huahin),picnic in parks, shopping, movie etc.

The weather in here  is Rainy, Hot and Cool but for the last 2 years we didn't experience the cool season in Bangkok. see more info here http://www.tourismthailand.org/Thailand/weather

Sorry if I was not able to help you much. I can only share what I know.

Best of Luck

Just wonder if anyone can advise the privilege of getting a house in Nichada Vs. Downtown Celom/Saturn/ Sukhumvit... in term of lifestyle/accessibility. Plz don't worry about the location of my work I have no problem in distance nor traffic...

Rgds,

Hello Desparadooz,

Nichada Thani is a nice big compound with many sub compounds. It is very secured and child friendly community.
If you're going to send your kids to ISB (International School of Bangkok), Nichada Thani will be the very best option as the school is inside the compound.
But if not, I think it won't be very ideal for you and your kids to get a house there?
As you may know Nichada Thani is located outside town,the MRT and BTS is not available. If you will not be having your own car it will be difficult to travel especially if your work place is in town.You can access the expressway at the back of Nichada Thani but you will have to apply for Nichada Clark Hatch Membership to have the car pass.

Living in Sathorn, Sukhumvit and Silom is more convenient. Easy access to shopping, restaurants and etc. but very busy areas.

Seems you know lots of details... :)

Forget about the schools, coz as there's ISB in there's also Patana outside, which is also good school... I felt Nichada is more nicer lifestyle, eventhough I'll be a bit far from the downtown fun. Yet you can definitely do it during week ends.. No??

Only a few.

Nichada is indeed a very  nice place to live in.
If you are eyeing Patana school you should stay around the area.
Nichada and BPS is like 2 different ends (North and South East).

There a nice compounds around the area too but not as nice and as big as Nichda Thani though.

Of course you can still do downtown fun. :)