Friends for 14 year old daughter

Hi, we moved to live in Malta at the end of August from Guernsey in the Channel Islands. I have a daughter Imogen who is nearly 15 and goes to Verdala. She is loving school and has made friends easily, however she is struggling to make any real close girlfriends like she had at home to be able to do things with at the weekend.
So  I was wondering if anyone had a 14/15 year old daughter that would be interested in making a new friend, thank you

Hi Rachel I am looking to put my 7 year old son into Verdala in September and was wondering how your experience has been so far. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am heading to Malta to look at schools and accommodation later in the week and plan to look at the local schools as well as the 2 International Schools.

Kindest

Jo

Hi Jo

When we came last Feb to look at schools, we looked at Verdala, St Anton and St Andreas and ended up choosing Verdala as it was the best High school for Imi. Verdala is very well run and has a good community spirit. I can not say what the middle school is like though. We have actually registered our 2 year old to start at Chiswick House in September in Pre-K as we were impressed with that and preferred it to the Verdala Lower School. A lot also depends on where you decide to live as traffic is an issue here. Verdala and Chiswick house are both close to St Julians, Sliema.

If you have any further questions my e-mail is [email protected], I am not an expert by any means but we have learnt a lot in the last 6 months :-)

Nice areas to live Madliena, Garghur, Naxxar, Mosta, St Julians (although very noisy and touristy in summer months) parts of Sliema although parking a problem if house doesn't come with parking.

Kind regards

Rachel

Thank you Rachel! I have sent you a quick email.

Hello Rachel,
I am moving to Malta in august with my  children (8,11,13). Is your daughter born 2001? In that case our daughters are the same age. I am also a little worried about the fried issue. In Finland, where we live now, all kids have a lot of friends but I wonder how easy it is going to be in Malta with the language barriers etc. The soon 14 years old girl speaks English quite well already, but the younger ones are just getting started.
Well, I hope that the school atmosphere is good and that all children find new friends. If our daughters would happen to be the same age,  they could maybe email to each other before we arrive? , Outi from Finland