Gyms, health clubs?

One of my goals while in Kuwait is to lose a bunch of weight. Does anyone have any info on gyms and health clubs? Also what is bicycling / running like in Kuwait? Is it possible what are the drawbacks?(besides the heat).

-Tony

@tk4790

hey dude dont worry u would find a gym here ! have a safe journey.......

lol - actually once in Kuwait , one thing which i was able to notice was that this palce have a lot of GYM's and SPA's - so there shud'nt be a lot of problem finding one .. i live in Salmiya which is like a place for a lot fo expats living in so its close to many malls , sea and have easy access to a lot of stuff, which fortunately includes the gym's ... In salmiay besides the many other small gym's like Silver  , Cobra etc there are big gyms like Platinum , also teh gym in the holiday inn is a good one , an dif u r looking for something expensive .. u can also go for the Palm beach .. platinium is somethign in between . like 30-35 KD a month ,,,, silver , cobra are like 10-15 Kd  a month .. Plam beach is like 800 Kd an year . For the out door runing you can always go to marina for a good walk / job .. or you can goto cornish ... btw . cornish also offer variosu facilities and i think its aroung 600-700 kd per year too ... so variosu options .. the ones i just told u are just the few ones i know ... and yah theres also a gym called Flex....

We just joined the Marina Hotel's gym-- Coral Reef Health Club

marinahotel.com/Default.aspx?Id=31

I love it!
lots of opportunity to lose weight here and comfortably-- not crowded and the staff are really nice!

There was actually a programme on in the UK about how hard it is to lose weight in Kuwait coz of the laidback lazy lifestyle, the heat, the way that you beep for food etc.  I put on loadsa weight from living here!  Try not to slip into the trap of not doing anything for yourself!

The best gym would depend on where you live; Hilton's in Mangaf and is good, SAS has a nice pool but the gym's not the best, Palms gym looks good but there's lots of kids there at the weekend, Corniche is meant to be good but expensive.....there are loads (the one's I've listed tend to be the ones that expats go to, but there are loads more).  Good luck!!

Are there any spinning facilities/instructors/classes available in Kuwait?

yclusk2010 wrote:

Are there any spinning facilities/instructors/classes available in Kuwait?

at "palm beach" yes they do