Enjoy the Free Taxi Ride on Thursday in Kuwait

Easy Taxi, one of the worlds leading mobile taxi apps, is expanding its services in Kuwait and is currently offering a Free Taxi Thursdays promotion.

Passengers can avail free rides on Thursdays (up to a fare of KD2) by downloading the app that connects them to the 350 taxis currently registered with the service, a statement said.

Upon launching the app, the passengers location is pinpointed and the area is scanned for nearby taxis. With safety and security in mind, Easy Taxi allows the user to not only see the location of their taxi, but also the photo and details of the driver and of the car, it said.

In the event that something is left behind in the taxi, the passenger can contact the driver directly or call the hotline, the statement said.

Dr Mahmoud Fouz, CEO at EasyTaxi Middle East, said, We connect taxi drivers directly to passengers which results in faster and more convenient service. Our trained and tracked drivers are finding passengers more efficiently and this solution is becoming very popular for individuals and businesses as well. In addition to our Free Taxi Thursdays, we will launch Easy Taxi Corporate in the near future, which is a solution that allows corporations to take advantage of our services and provides their personnel with cashless rides. Moving around Kuwait will be a different experience for everyone.

Easy Taxi app is available for Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows Phone devices, as well as for B2B clients through Easy Taxi Pro and Easy Taxi Corporate solutions, it said

very useful info :) much appreciated!

ohh really I never heard about this till I go over this site.  that's a great idea to the owner of Easy Taxi.  I can also avail your free taxi every Thursday because fortunately that is my off. ;)

Thanks for the info :)

I actually experienced using this app once, took their nearest cab around my area at 10pm and the driver was polite. He even had his photo posted on his profile. There was no extra charge. I guess I should try riding this free service on a Thursday.

I have this app and tried to request for a taxi 3 times however it could never seem to be provided with any taxis!! Maybe it's cause I love around Abu Hasania and Mahboula area? Quite disappointed though. Was looking forward to using taxi that charges by the meter.

I live in Mahobula as well.  I have used the following taxi firms.  They are fine.

o   Sebastien – 99733259, has several drivers and is used by many expats. Will store your car seat in the boot & pick you up later

o   Taxi AlQuds - 25399885

o   Taxi AlOsta - 22419393 or 22419494

o   SMART Taxi – 99638496

o   Al Samah Taxi: 25751115

o   Philippine Taxi: 25755606, 25755605

Do they charge by meter or gives you some sort of a rate when you tell them the location?

Got it

Call taxis do not charge by the meter but from where you'll be picked up and your destination. It's all fixed.

If it is a service bases on registered cabs like roaning taxis or call taxi there is no problem but if this service wl be offered to commute passengres in private cars then it is prohabited and against the kuwairi traffic deptt rules.pl clearify the means of transportations

Hi Pervez iqbal,

Please note that this thread is from 2014. We suggest you participate to recent threads of the forum so that your inputs might benefit members.

all the best,
Bhavna

Dear Madam.
Yes u are right.i wl spare some time to participate in the new threads
Kindly let me know if some one from tbilisi geoegia is a member of expat community
Best regards

pervez iqbal wrote:

Kindly let me know if some one from tbilisi geoegia is a member of expat community
Best regards

You can easily find that yourself by selecting Community => Members in the top menu where you can search members based on location and nationality.