Arriving next week

Hello all,
I'm making the big move from Texas to Kuwait next week. It's been a very hot summer here so I'm hoping the heat won't be to much of a shock.

I'm doing a lot of reading through the forums  and gaining a lot of information. I'll post again with questions soon I suppose.

Talk to ya'll later.

HI
never mind every thing ll be good wd ur nice presence.

everything gonna b fined when u get here! Welcome to Kuwait!

welcome to kuwait....
Contact me if u need anything :)

i came from chicago two months ago... and omgg weather is horrible here... hopefulyy it will get betterrrrrr

AmericanArabGirl wrote:

i came from chicago two months ago... and omgg weather is horrible here... hopefulyy it will get betterrrrrr

OMG! I know rite!! I wanna tan, but I can't risk the SEVERE HEAT!! My sweat will probably wash away my tanning cream lol and the humidity is something else!! It makes u look like u took a shower in ur clothes! :S

I'm here!
Wow! it's hot here!
anyway tons to do and miles to go. I'll catch up this weekend.
hope to meet some of you soon.
-TK

tk4790 wrote:

I'm here!
Wow! it's hot here!
anyway tons to do and miles to go. I'll catch up this weekend.
hope to meet some of you soon.
-TK

Welcome to Kuwait .
I wish you a comfortable stay
If you are having some problems do not hesitate to ask for help.

:D

Same here...just arrived on the 25th.  This sure isn't Carolina weather.

For those of you who just got to Kuwait, or haven't been there long; How did you do it?  I've been looking for work out there for a while and I haven't found anything. I changed my resume and applied for jobs above and below my skill set. Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks!  I wish you all happy and safe travels. 
-Rahel

MsRahelina,
You seem to be :offtopic: here! Please start a new topic with your questions and you may also post an ad in Kuwait's Classifieds -> Jobs section.
Good luck
Arlette

Hi tk,
We arrived in Kuwait at the end of June and we were from the North Pole!  Yes, it is hot here, but most of the time the air is very dry, so 48 degree with <10% humidity feels like 38.  There were a couple of days that were humid and I felt uncomfortable.  One thing you will notice that the best thing in Kuwait is the air conditioner.  I did feel a culture shock when I arrived.  Everyone dressed conservatively.  There is no official city map that you can use.  Finding a place is kind of tough.  But once you are used to the “block” concept, it is getting better.  Food is great.  Water is better than I thought.  Groceries and shopping are fantastic.  Well, American processed food and veggies are kind of expensive.  Well, post your questions and we will try to help. 
Good luck!

weather will fine next month and heat will go down .

holdcardsdown wrote:
Fruitloop wrote:

Hi tk,
We arrived in Kuwait at the end of June and we were from the North Pole!

Does Santa Claus really live in the North Pole??

Of course he does!  Check it out!  :)

Gud Luck!