Vinaphone/mobifone, having a day off today?

I don't know if it is just up here, ( or my phone ), but I keep getting a no service notification, first it told me I didn't have a SIM, so I took it out and cleaned it, and also re booted it, now after trying to send an urgent sms, it's telling me it will send it when services resume???.

Happens to me too occasionally.

eodmatt wrote:

I might have to deliver this message the old fashioned way, but it's usually easier for some VN's to read it, ( and then spend then next 20 minutes trying to understand it ), than listening to me, and then nodding their heads.

Ah yes the nodding heads. Followed by "do you understand/"
"Yes"
Followed by chaos.

THAT's why you need a two/three/four SIM handset!

Just remember that Mobi shares Vina facilities so get a different 'second SIM' for reliability.

Jaitch wrote:

THAT's why you need a two/three/four SIM handset!

Just remember that Mobi shares Vina facilities so get a different 'second SIM' for reliability.

I have 2, one Vietel, ( but expired ), it would have been ideal for situations like this, ( I used it for wifi when the power was off, or VNPT was having problems, as well ), but a pain when using it all the time, you can only receive,  sms on one sim, ( on my phone ),

I had the same problem with Vinafone until I downgraded to a dumb phone.  Now I have a steady and strong signal.  TIV, after all...

Their English customer service number is 9192, if you'd like to test your own patience, if/when you get a signal.

bluenz wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

I might have to deliver this message the old fashioned way, but it's usually easier for some VN's to read it, ( and then spend then next 20 minutes trying to understand it ), than listening to me, and then nodding their heads.

Is that really what you think about Vietnamese, man?

virgoks wrote:
bluenz wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

Is that really what you think about Vietnamese, man?

Unfortunately far too many are like this, ( not just Asians, I've done it myself, just to get them to shut up ), I'm always telling my students , " if you don't understand something, please ask".
  There is saying, " Pride comes before a fall ", being too proud to admit you don't understand something, ( especially when with your peers ),  by simply asking about something you don't understand,  could prevent something bad happening later. ( or as ED says, " chaos ".)

Teacher Mark wrote:

I had the same problem with Vinafone until I downgraded to a dumb phone.  Now I have a steady and strong signal.  TIV, after all...

Their English customer service number is 9192, if you'd like to test your own patience, if/when you get a signal.

After an hour, ( it was still showing no service ), I sent another sms to the same address, where I had tried sending an sms too earlier, and they BOTH went????

bluenz wrote:

...not just Asians,...

So, "VN's" should be "people". Quick or slow people are existing everywhere on earth.

Concerning your phone situation, dont forget to have your phone checked as a reboot cant fix a hardware problem. The simplest way is to insert your SIM to a new phone or just have a look at the signal bank on any others' phones within your reach there.

virgoks wrote:
bluenz wrote:

...not just Asians,...

So, "VN's" should be "people". Quick or slow people are existing everywhere on earth.

Concerning your phone situation, dont forget to have your phone checked as a reboot cant fix a hardware problem. The simplest way is to insert your SIM to a new phone or just have a look at the signal bank on any others' phones within your reach there.

I'm used to problems with VNPT, who own Vinaphone/Mobifone, so have some patience with them.

;VN's" should be "people". Quick or slow people are existing everywhere on earth.
I'm only concerned with people around me, and naturally with such a huge concentrated population, the idiots and unintelligent will become more prominent here. ( not to mention the brain drain of the early 70's, or did Northerners hold all the intelligence in VN?, from my experience with them , not very likely. ).

virgoks wrote:
bluenz wrote:

...not just Asians,...

I dont think that any offence was meant and what was alluded to was language difficulties with local people who would rather nod and say yes, than "please explain again".

A classic example recently: I sent someone out to get some multi core solder. I showed him what I wanted on a Vietnamese website, my wife explained what was needed in Vietnamese. He said that the fully understood what I needed him to buy .......

And he came back with a soldering iron.

I don't speak much Vietnamese (still learning) and so I am always asking people to repeat things, including my wife who speaks good English but sometimes forgets and goes off like a jet engine on reheat speaking Vietglish at me. :unsure

bluenz wrote:

I don't know if it is just up here, ( or my phone ), but I keep getting a no service notification, first it told me I didn't have a SIM, so I took it out and cleaned it, and also re booted it, now after trying to send an urgent sms, it's telling me it will send it when services resume???.

This's normally caused by
- The coverage of service provider at your area is weak. Viettel is strongest, next Mobilephone, next Vina phone, & Beeline. How to check? Use another service provider (another sim) in the same phone & send to the same address. If it works. Switch your SIM.
- Your phone has problem. How to check? Send to another address, use another SIM. If it works. Change your phone. Sometimes when the battery is low or it's been used for a long time, it has some problem catching the signal.
- The address you are sending to has problem. Then wait and send again.
- Last but not least, there're some day which your provider do the maintenance or they have problems, you will experience this. If it is, many people around you have the same problem like you.

I hope I understand you well and my reply is appropriate.

virgoks wrote:

I use VN and VNese - purely as shortcuts.

Australians are Ozzies; Canadians are Canucks;  British are Limeys. None are offensive, or intended to be so.

Don't be so sensitive.