Melita - how long the wait before getting internet?

Hi guys,

I just moved to Malta, 2 days ago, and I'm looking for flats at the moment.

As I see, most of them which I saw do not have internet connection. Is that normal here, or am I just looking at the wrong ones? :) Is it the case, that internet is tied to the person, rather than the apartment, so when the person moves out, the internet connection is terminated?

But my main question is, when I get a flat, and want internet installed, how long does it usually take? I was told by the rental agency that they can set me up with their guy at Melita, and set me up with internet within a few days. Do you think that is feasible, or are they just telling me stories, and I will end up waiting for weeks?

Cheers,
Slavoj.

its normal  - it only takes a few days to get it

That's great to hear, man, I'm working from home, so internet is a necessity for me, and I was a bit worried about losing a few weeks or something like that.

I've left Melita, they're horrible. If you want to find out yourself the hard way sign up with them and try to get them to do something when there is a problem. I always test-call company's help-lines to see how quick they answer and check their FB page to see what the people post. Do yourself a favor and do it.

i would disagree completely with  moscow clog  - been with melita for 6yrs and they were very courteous and answered the few issues i had with them very quickly indeed...... superb service and streets ahead of Go...

Ok, just for the record, they came and set it up it very fast, so far good experience for me.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

i would disagree completely with  moscow clog  - been with melita for 6yrs and they were very courteous and answered the few issues i had with them very quickly indeed...... superb service and streets ahead of Go...

Was it a long time ago you last contacted them?

no  - only 10 weeks ago.... and all sorted within hours....

Guess you got lucky, or me and a lot of other people unlucky....  :/

maybe but 6yrs of good servic and courteous prompt replies - would suggest more than just luck.

but just for balance

even when i left they got the termination / disconnection bit wrong and they made mistakes  - they were promptly corrected by simple emails to their CS dept.

so in my experiences over that period  - cant fault them too much

I sense deja vu on this subject. A few are unlucky, (perhaps the location or attitude?). The majority are well happy.