The meaning of some kuwaiti words

i want to learn arabic too.. actually im looking for a good school to enroll.. You guys should start to put up. Seeing from this forum you have a lot of students already..

legacy wrote:

this post is really funny if u speak arabic already :P

=) can i smile or laugh...

Hi guys!

Im having a good time reading all your discussion in here,.to be honest it really helps a lot to all who dont speak arabic!.thanks to chocho-muchacha..

im trying to take down a note for those given words here and trying to apply dealing with people!..hehehe

cyah!

I am fluent in most arabic dialects. However, Kuwaiti is something I really struggle with. I might be moving to kuwait soon and have to admit this is very helpful.

Hi everybody…

If you know many languages especially Hindi-Urdu-Parisian-English mixed with little Zanzibarian words then you will be able to understand 40 to 60 percent of Kuwaiti slang!!

i.e.

Sida (Si-da)   : means straight Original is Hindi & Urdu Word
Jotti ( Jo-tti ): means shoes   Original is Hindi & Urdu Word
Ssij ( Si-j):  means oh Really! Original is Hindi & Urdu Word
Derecha ( Dere-cha) : means window Original is Parisian Word
Panka ( Pan-ka ): means fan Original is Urdu Word
Sumbook (Sum-book): means wooden boat Original is Zanzibarian Word
Shakar ( Sha-kar ) : means sugar Original is English word
Bas ( bas ) : means enough Original is Hindi & Urdu word
Leight (Lei-ght): means Light Original is English Word
Keshin ( Kesh-in ): means Cushion Original is English Word
Moutar ( mou-tur ): means Motor Original is English Word
Bottol (Bo-ttol ): means Bottle  Original is English Word

Many to come next series…  :huh:

Ciao.

Hi,
I had fun reading the post because im learning in it and im taking notes, can u post more specially those words that are being use daily. thanks a lot..:)

heres a better idea; why dont people type up what they want to learn to say in arabic, or a specific scenario they wish to engage in, and the translation will be posted shortly?

a7san l-ta3llom al 3arabi moshahadah il aflam aw baramej. bas ma3 subtitles. ana matalan ara' sha3biya, al-karton.shay zeyyyn wayed, bas ma afhamohom a7yanan...
:D:D

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

well done Karolina, and we understand u too :P

the just of what the lady said is that the best way to learn arabic is thru movies and tv series, using subtitles. me for example, i watch a cartoon (i think?) very good, but sometimes i dont understand them.

and kudos for understanding the franco-arabic use of 6 & 7 :D now add to that the 2, 3, 5, 8 and 9 and ur good to go!

"sha3biya" ya3ni 3onwan al kartoon hay -http://www.roo7oman.com/tube/watch3847.html :D

heres the funny thing: 3onwan means address as well :P

Hello! why this blog stop? I'm enjoying reading these thread. I wanna learn Kuwait language.

choco is rocking

@bavz - Welcome to Expat.com!

This post is old (2011). :)

I invite you to post an advert in the Classes section (Language classes) in the Kuwait classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

AurélieZ wrote:

@bavz - Welcome to Expat.com!

This post is old (2011). :)

I invite you to post an advert in the Classes section (Language classes) in the Kuwait classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi thanks for the response.. u think I can find some language class here that is free?

it will be much better if u can add words in arabic letters. it is difficult to make out the exact word.

hiii...

I love to learn kuwaiti arabic. ...can I join the group?

HI hussain1369 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Since you posted on an old thread,  I invite you to start a new discussion on the Kuwait forum for better visibility and interaction.

I am sure the members, who are also looking to learn kuwaiti arabic, will get in touch with you very soon.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

eshloonik, friends.
Im still new here and good to find this one. I want to learn more arabic words-those commonly used ones. thanks (shokran)

Cool topic LOL

I really want to know more Kuwait Arabic

I miss you

:lol::lol:

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please note that you are off-topic here.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank u so much.

Kindly Keep Posting Some Arabic Words Everyday. Thanks 4r ur Help.