Mountain trip to Jabal Al Akhdar

Next event planned is a day trip to Jabal Al Akhdar, tentative date is on a Friday 5th September. ....

Meeting point will be near the big round about going to Nizwa by 7am.

Other details will be posted and discussed on this thread as per the update from amoor.

hexebella wrote:

Next event planned is a day trip to Jabal Al Akhdar, tentative date is on a Friday 5th September. ....

Meeting point will be near the big round about going to Nizwa by 7am.

Other details will be posted and discussed on this thread as per the update from amoor.

Hello Hex..

First of all thanks for all who attended the last meet it was really nice guys thanks again..

Just to be clear for others the meeting point will be at the parking area of Asshwa gardens nearby Rusail round about at 7 morning.

And regarding the other updates I'll let you knows guys during week time..

Ammar

Ammar

Don't Worry, I am with you.. :top:

Meet you there at Jabal Al Akhadar.  ;)

Hi All,

I am free only if the trip is planned for sept 5th as I Cant make it on 6th.
Hope you plan accordingly as I am eager to ride.. :top:

Dear all,
I and my friend whos living in the Jebel Akhdar the BBQ and walking around visit old building, Wadi ,..Etc. I think its the best idea (what about all)

*Please let me know any new ideas

As you know dears we have police inspection point before you drive on the mountain and they allows only for 6 persons including driver inside one car, so I arranged two 4WD, one 4WD will be in Rusayl roundabout at 7am and the other one in the police inspection point under the mountain. No problem for how many people will come I can arrange more cars just add your name here, I will be the first one:
-    Ammar
-    Bader Al Busaidi ( welcome )
-
-
-
The things available there:
-    Ice cubes
-    Wood or coal
-    Place for BBQ
-    Soft drinks

@HEX some snacks maybe  :D

Ammar

Hello again,

if any one want to join us please let us know two days before the trip because i have to arrange the cars for those don't have 4WD.

from the last meet i already knows that 6-7 person will be in so waiting the others...

Thanks
Ammar

amoor wrote:

Dear all,
I and my friend whos living in the Jebel Akhdar the BBQ and walking around visit old building, Wadi ,..Etc. I think its the best idea (what about all)

*Please let me know any new ideas

As you know dears we have police inspection point before you drive on the mountain and they allows only for 6 persons including driver inside one car, so I arranged two 4WD, one 4WD will be in Rusayl roundabout at 7am and the other one in the police inspection point under the mountain. No problem for how many people will come I can arrange more cars just add your name here, I will be the first one:
-    Ammar
-    Bader Al Busaidi ( welcome )
-
-
-
The things available there:
-    Ice cubes
-    Wood or coal
-    Place for BBQ
-    Soft drinks

@HEX some snacks maybe  :D

Ammar

No. 3 attendee...hexebella :cheers:
I will coordinate and organise the snacks :top:
The rest, please confirm, otherwise you will walk! :D

hb

Number 4  :cheers:

Hexe I will call you regarding snacks and other things  :)

I'm in.

kaysarapiya wrote:

No worries Piya...we can meet up this weekend if you are free for proper planning.

LauIsBack wrote:

I'm in.

Which number? You might be put in the compartment as excess :D

Please let me know if the trip is planned on 5th September Friday?  I. Can't make it on 6th Saturday.  Bring snacks for at least 3_4 people... And not just one Shawarma.

heyfarooq wrote:

Please let me know if the trip is planned on 5th September Friday?  I. Can't make it on 6th Saturday.  Bring snacks for at least 3_4 people... And not just one Shawarma.

Heyfarooq....as per our last meeting it is on 5th September and no one objected on that until this moment so date remains the same.

I will coordinate with Piya and Lau on the snacks. Now what about the meat to grill? So you believe the "one shawarma" huh? :D

hexebella wrote:
kaysarapiya wrote:

No worries Piya...we can meet up this weekend if you are free for proper planning.

I am free, just let me know the time and place to meet  :)

Looks like this tread is warming up.. Hope this trip goes through...

kaysarapiya wrote:
hexebella wrote:
kaysarapiya wrote:

I am free, just let me know the time and place to meet  :)

Cool! Will sms you...

heyfarooq wrote:

Looks like this tread is warming up.. Hope this trip goes through...

Don't hope Farooq...desire and believe....we will make it happen!

:D I better listen to Silva and manifest it then...

Hello all,

Welcome friend and still waiting for the others..

Hope New faces are coming  :)

me 9

Hexe..I thought you said we wont BBQ.. then why the meat?

We're going Japanese - SASHIMI

Im glad to see you guys planning an outdoor activity. Thanks heaven and thanks to Hexebella for her proactive approach (Im really happy to see her dream come true)  ;)

Would have loved to join you guys and catch up with all of you but there is a chance to be out of Oman during this weekend; nothing confirmed though  :)

Looking forward to hear all about it, and wish you in advance a wonderful trip

Enjoy it to the max  :)

Hex...Thank you and appreciate for all the effort . Actually am very much intersted as am new to Oman. Since I dnt have car how can I join with your trip ?? Pls reply or message me..Am leaving my mob no here....97102240

Oops sorry guys completely lost this post.... was having an emotionally charged week .... Yep, I'm in for this..... but what was the last number on the attendee ?? I'll bring something homecooked :)

jaseervk wrote:

Hex...Thank you and appreciate for all the effort . Actually am very much intersted as am new to Oman. Since I dnt have car how can I join with your trip ?? Pls reply or message me..Am leaving my mob no here....97102240

Hi Jaseer, thanks for your interest to join the community....kindly coordinate with amoor or heyfarq, you can pm them. Alternatively, go to FB "Living in Oman" group, PM your number to Rahul so he can include you in "Living in Oman Watsapp group" easier to communicate.
Meeting place is in big roundabout going to rusayl at 7am. We will leave the cars there and move to 4wd from amoor. If you are coming between al khuwair and airport along sultan qaboos highway I can pick you up along the way but be on time as no waiting for late comers.

jaseervk wrote:

To make it easier for you I forwarded your number to Rahul so he can add to the group but it didn't work....can you please double check the number there might be some typo error.  Thanks

VidoDido wrote:

Im glad to see you guys planning an outdoor activity. Thanks heaven and thanks to Hexebella for her proactive approach (Im really happy to see her dream come true)  ;)

Would have loved to join you guys and catch up with all of you but there is a chance to be out of Oman during this weekend; nothing confirmed though  :)

Looking forward to hear all about it, and wish you in advance a wonderful trip

Enjoy it to the max  :)

Hi Vido...you are the father of this....now we are like abandoned kids :sosad:

Hamdulilah fi uncle amoor ;)

Rammy87 wrote:

Oops sorry guys completely lost this post.... was having an emotionally charged week .... Yep, I'm in for this..... but what was the last number on the attendee ?? I'll bring something homecooked :)

Lau jammed rhe numbering :o

heyfarooq wrote:

Hexe..I thought you said we wont BBQ.. then why the meat?

Ammar said there is a place for bbq so assumed we will do bbq.....whatever as long as it would fill the hungry tummies.

Rammy87 wrote:

Not spicy please....salt and pepper is fine :joking:

amoor wrote:

Hello all,

Maybe you need to prepare a 4wd bus :D

Once again thanks a lot hex...my given mob is the currect one.Anyway I will check with the people u have mentioned.I am staying in Azaiba.so  I hope u can pick me from Zubair Auto . Anyway I will reconfirm my attendence by wenesday.is that fine ?? I have send request on FB to join the group.If u can pm rahuls number I will call him.

jaseervk wrote:

Once again thanks a lot hex...my given mob is the currect one.Anyway I will check with the people u have mentioned.I am staying in Azaiba.so  I hope u can pick me from Zubair Auto . Anyway I will reconfirm my attendence by wenesday.is that fine ?? I have send request on FB to join the group.If u can pm rahuls number I will call him.

Cool....I will pick u up from Zubair automotive...please confirm ur attendance maximum Wednesday, Amoor need to get the headcount asap to organise the 4wd. I already confirmed your request to living in oman...please pm rahul directly in living in oman page for easier communication.
Ciao!

hexebella wrote:
amoor wrote:

Hello all,

Maybe you need to prepare a 4wd bus :D

I see, anyway everybody welcome..

Ammar

Hello again,

the list till date..
- Ammar = amoor
- Bader Alubsaidi
- Hex
- Lau
- heyfarooq
- kaysarapiya
- Rammy
- jaseervk

last day to register names on 3/9 Wednesday please any one interest just writ his/her name before date.

Ammar

amoor wrote:

Hello again,

the list till date..
- Ammar = amoor
- Bader Alubsaidi
- Hex
- Lau
- heyfarooq
- kaysarapiya
- Rammy
- jaseervk

last day to register names on 3/9 Wednesday please any one interest just writ his/her name before date.

Ammar

if i forgot someone please add the name.. :top:

So can we just outline what we plan to do there. Without anything specific it will become a random trip and may not turn out interesting . So let's chalk out some plan.  I am not saying a hour to hours plan. But you know some highlights.

One of the highlights to visit is the wadi bani habib especially for the first timers....an hour will be enough for that going and coming back including the picture taking on site and along the way.....there are also villages that we could visit.

Amoor maybe we can do a side trip to birkat al maws?

BTW what about the lunch?

One suggestion for lunch is at Alila Hotel....still checking how much the buffet lunch would cost. If you have anything in mind please post