Iraq Al-Ameer Women Coop Society History, Creativity and Hospitality

Iraq Al-Ameer Women Cooperative Society

History, Creativity and Hospitality

The Society was found by Noor Al-Hussein Foundation in 1994 with the support of Swiss Government. 10 old houses were renovated to create the vocational village that managed to train 156 women from surrounding villages on handicrafts.

The society was self dependent in 2001 the vocational village aims to maintain and sustain the unique heritage of area and to provide training for members and non- members on different topics

Hand-made fabric workshop
http://www.jordanjubilee.com/images2/handcraft/weaving/xredcarpet.jpg
At this workshop, hand-run looms are used to create textiles in different colors, designs and sizes.
The products are used to produce curtains, bed covers, shawls , bags , folk dresses upholstery and many other hand-made and embroideries .

Hand-made paper workshop.
The goal of this workshop is conserve and environment through processing plants residues and turn them to hand-made paper.
Okra, Banana, Reed, Lawn, palm leaves, esparto, and other plants are used to produce different sizes of paper than can used for drawing , printing and writing . Out of the paper , the workshop is producing greeting cards, frames, album, paper bags ..etc
http://www.mariannemohandes.com/Workshops/Mixed_Media/book_wrap.jpg

The showroom
Inspired by the area's history , a showroom was established close to workshop. All the society products are displayed in the showroom where visitors can enjoy shopping in comfortable place.

Tourist Center

The tourist center is located in Iraq  Al-Ameer village , 20 KM west of Amman.
It was established in 2008 , to attract tourist to visit ancient archeological sites (Qasr al Abd), the natural caves , the spectacular landscape and the running stream.
The center provides recreational services, including well furnished air conditional rooms.
The restaurant provides both local, international Cuisine and seasonal locally fresh fruits.
http://www.francesca-radcliffe.com/images/jordan/0206.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/53/130976451_a3948da6ce.jpg?v=0

Clear Soap workshop

At this workshop, the soap is produced in the traditional methods , where only pure olive oil is used. The final products have different shapes and colors.

Pottery and Ceramic workshop.

At this workshop, ceramic and pottery are produced either by wheel or molds.
The workshop can produce different items, such as murals, jugs, vases, frames, dining plates ..ect. Addition to the ability to produce any special orders.

Contact
Tel :00962-6-5481385 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              00962-6-5481385      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              00962-6-5481385      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              00962-6-5481385      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mobile: 00962-777351620
Telefax: 00962-6-5481153
Email: iraqamir_women_soc@yahoo.com

Or contact me Dr.Khalid Shobaky
00962-788662746
Dr.shobaky@gmail.com

Shobaki, this place is awesome!  I went there with 2 friends 3 weeks ago and we loved it!  It's a wonderful, quiet getaway, spent with interesting women who have great food and fantastic artwork.  I wonder if it's possible for them to get a website on a small budget?  I think they would get more business if they had a website.  Great article and pics.

i was there 3 week ago. I think  go there back with n this week...

yes, I agree with u about website... maybe they have no enough resources... but i think we can make a blog as ur or page on facebook .what u think ?

Thanks for posting this, I plan on taking my daughter there.  She likes this kind of stuff and so do I.  If there are more places like this please post.

as I know there is many ...
but i didnt visit them before ...
if u interesting , we can visit them

Hi, this place looks great!! Is anyone interested in going there...especially someone with kids? Let me know!!

Good idea ,
let's do it
by the way we can make a Reservation for lunch or dinner...

I'll check
please let me know who in ??
sms me 0788662746
Khalid

I'm in, especially if it's ok to brings kids as mine are just dying to speak English...they are 8 and 5 years old...so, lunch or dinner depending on the atmosphere...we would love to participate in the shops, do they do that? Or, can we arrange that? I have emailed the Dr., listed at the bottom of article, but haven't heard back yet.

I know my kids would be interested in making paper or ceramics.
Thanks to anyone who can provide more info.

they open every day 9am - 6pm
no weekend-off

Great! Thank you, I also got your email. Hope to visit in mid November if anyone is interested. I will post something then to see if anyone wants to join us.

cool ... by the way , Iraq Alameer weather s most likely as alGhor ( mean it warmer than n Amman) good to visit n this time of year..
what do u think if we meet up with other expat there..
post new meeting as this
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=50478