Let's try again ; Who wants to get together this week?

Hello

We tried to organize a get together last week but it didnt work out. so, let's try again: let me propose this week,  either Wednesday night (Oct. 20th) or Friday (Oct 22nd) night at 7pm.

We could do it at Blue Fig or if you guys have other suggestions please do. (I go to Blue Fig all the time- help me discover a new hanging out spot -lol)

Please express your interest below and let's organize! Who's in??

Cheers

Fran

Hi there.I would love to get together.Please email me at [email protected]
I would also like to go somewhere else,maybe in the city centre.

Take care

hello

Please let us know what day and where you would be interested in gathering.
See updates on the board

Cheers

Hi,
Where can I see the board?
How about Jafra Coffee shop opposite the main post office in the city?

Hey Fran,

Blue Fig sounds good to me, close and convenient! They've also got these great new places in Swefieh/Deir Ghbar like Tche Tche, and a new Starbucks..

If not, how about Books @ Cafe in Jabal Amman?? I'm down for anything, but don't feel so secure in going to a place like city centre as I've never been there, and my arabic isn't that strong for a taxi destination that far!

Hi Fran,

I may do come but I can't commit for sure. Maybe next meeting. Enjoy and good luck guys.

so what do we say guys, Wed or Friday this week at Blue Fig at 7pm? which day do you prefer?

I have a slight preference for wednesday?

Sounds good to me, Fran!

Would we all just meet up at at Blue Fig outside? Lol, or meet up at the Abdoun Mall? Or wait, is that kinda far from Blue Fig?

i'm in for wednesday at blue fig at 7;00pm

Hi all

OK so Wednesday at 7 in Blue Fig. I will make a reservation under my name "Fran" for a table outside ( they have heaters if it is too cold). So let's meet directly there, I will be waiting near our reserved table. So far, we have :
-Hafed (good!)
-EssaQ502
-Fran +1
- what about the other people who were interested last week? SAmjo?? NinjaBike??

Please confirm. would be fun guys!!

Btw wanted to ask, which are your nationalities, guys? I am originally French myself and have lived for over 10 years in North America ( NYC + Montreal).

Cheeeers

Fran

I will try to come but it's too far for me.I have dual nationalities Australian and Jordanian.I lived in Australia for 16 years (answering ur questin lol)

wow nice, NinjaBike ( what a name! lol). Where do you live for it to be that far, if you dont mind me asking...?

Hi Fran.I live in the Eastern Suburbs,near Prince Hamza Hospital,hope you know where that is :).

Take care

Hey Fran, 7pm under your name.. Sounds good, I may bring my brother with me, not too sure, yet!

I am American/Jordanian. I maintain residence in California, and am just here temporarily!

Can't wait for Weds!

Hey guys-- yes please bring your friends w you! The more the merrier :)

hi i am mohamad from amman
i am new here
can i come too
?

guys, everybody who wants to come over is welcome. Just give me a headcount. thanks!!

so far,
-Hafed
-EssaQ502
-Fran +1
-myxauk
- who else?

Awesome!!

See you Weds!

Hello all

So as set, we are meeting tom at Blue Fig. Last thing, can we say 7.30 instead of 7? does this work for everybody?

so I should see you there. Reservation under my name : Fran

Whoever else wants to come, you are welcome.

Cheers to all

fran

Ibn Al Dar wrote:

we will spend Friday near Dead Sea
and Saturday we will go to Batra.

where is Batra?? Do you actually mean PETRA?

Hi Everyone, Looks like I missed the gathering at Blue Fig. How did it go? Any meetings this week? I live near Irbid and need to go to the Embassy area soon. Is there anyone out there interested in meeting for lunch or coffee around there? Is there anyone with kids? I have two boys ages 8 and 4 (almost 5) who would love to speak English.

I am strongly contemplating moving back to the US, but am torn...I don't want to give up as I have got a really great family here, but there are only a few who speak English. Although I have many interests and talents to keep me busy living in my village, I am a social person and haven't found anyone fun who likes to adventure and just be silly, everyone is so serious and my family that I like are bound by tradition.

Let me know, my kids and I are very flexible and enjoy a good laugh.

Hi.. peace, it Was a wonderful evening and we talked a lot of special topics, although there are 3 were absent , and thank's to Gourmandise((Fran) way to organize the meeting

oh that's great!!! so when is the next meeting? any this week?

Thanks Hafed !

Peacelovelight (does your name have anything to do w/ Reiki btw?) - we did meet although I must admit being disappointed : although a good number of people have been expressing  their interest  in meeting people for the past few months and again, last week when I posted the thread (to try to get these people to meet each other), barely anybody showed up at the get together...

Anyway,  I know plenty of very active groups but it doesnt seem like this one is one of them, unfortunately. In any case, all the best to you and I hope that you'll enjoy your time in Amman next time you come around.

I suggest you post a meeting on the forum to see who would join (although my experience w organizing here on this forum hasn't really been a success, I am hoping you may have better results on WE)

Cheers. You all have a great week

Hello peaceoflight, maybe you should start a new topic in the forum towards this subject!

@all -> let's get back to the initial subject of this discussion! Thanks

so what ?? when where??

let's make mettng after 2 weeks , or fraday 12th Nov.

thwe important to have enough time before to collect

great idea...i would like to attend and will rsvp a week in advance...i have never been to the blue fig, so just tell me some landmarks and time please...sukran!

peacelovelight wrote:

sukran!

right is Shukran not sukran :D

sukran it's word mean Vintage or Drunk

shobaki....haha!! oops...thanks for the clarification!!!

everyone:
another Expat.comger and I are heading to Uum Qais on Monday...if anyone wants to join us..most likely around 1:30- ish...will post again to confirm, but if you're interested anyone, let me know.

Shobaki, sakran not sukran right?

pi2nay wrote:

it's depends on dialect , and it's on "fus'ha language or spoken language

peacelovelight wrote:

shobaki....haha!! oops...thanks for the clarification!!!

everyone:
another Expat.comger and I are heading to Uum Qais on Monday...if anyone wants to join us..most likely around 1:30- ish...will post again to confirm, but if you're interested anyone, let me know.

witch monday ?? today ???
i want to join, but i just now check your post :(

hi, yes it was supposed to be today, my internet connection was lost for all of yesterday and in the meantime me and my kids are all sick!!! Man, what is it with trying to get together? We will have to repost when our throats are all feeling better. Should I give one weeks notice, it seems that might be best.
I will also start a new thread.

peacelovelight wrote:

Should I give one weeks notice, it seems that might be best.
I will also start a new thread.

agreee... yes better!!

get will soon :)

hi pls can you inform me next time to join thanks alot
[email protected]

what do u think if we did it in Dec ???

I'm in
hit me back
[email protected]

Hello Fran.

I assumed joining the forum would be a good initiative to build a network.

Ive just posted an invite to get together (for those interested) on Thursday the 10th Nov.

Havent finalized a venue but i am open to suggestions.

Cheers,
Shehryar

Hi folks,
I have just joined this nice forum!. i would love to meet with you guys and help you in speaking arabic language as I know what you feel. We are in same boat as I live in the Uk at the moment. I am currently in the UK and will be in jordan next summer so I hope to meet you all for a coffee and help you in improving your arabic language for free :)
All the best

Hi lo.123

Thank you for your proposal. Hope to see you next summer in Amman!

Corrado