Average salary for a process engineer

Dear All,

I'm a process engineer. I've been offered from a company in Muscat for a total of 1250 OR (750 basic + 375 Accommodation + 125 Transportation). How do you see it? (a good/normal/bad offer???). n plz let me know the average salary for process engineers in Muscat?

Thanks.

Dear Delft,
Process Engineering disciplines are the most expensive and worthy ones among all the engineering companies (Specially Oil and Gas).

You have not specified the years of your experience. If you're having 8 or plus experience, the offered salary is lower than the market rate, however if you're less than 8 years, this salary may be considered.

P.S, Please note that if you're selected for PDO projects (Specially oilfields), then you should (Atleast) negotiate your basic salary as the Process Engineering CTR and Man hour rates are the highest among the PDO projects.

Dear Schaz,

Thank you very kindly. Actually, I am a fresh PhD graduate. I have only one year experience 2006-2007 (between my BSc-MSc). Honestly, I expected to receive a better offer in Oman than west Europe. do you think whether or not I can get better one with more negotiation???.

Regarding PDO, (if you mean "Petroleum Development Oman"), my offer is not from PDO.

Delfti wrote:

Dear Schaz,

Thank you very kindly. Actually, I am a fresh PhD graduate. I have only one year experience 2006-2007 (between my BSc-MSc). Honestly, I expected to receive a better offer in Oman than west Europe. do you think whether or not I can get better one with more negotiation???.

Regarding PDO, (if you mean "Petroleum Development Oman"), my offer is not from PDO.

If you're a one year (I consider fresh) experienced person, then the offered salary justifies. Its a good salary for a fresh engineer at Process Side. Would you mind elaborating the field of process, you've been selected for. I would be glad to know if the industry, you'll be working is related to Oil and Gas as, most of the RND and creative engineering is covered, only by OG sector. However, rest of the fields (Like Plants / Utility Labs / Compressor vendors)  have limited work criteria.

I would also like to add that if the employee is hired by a  PDO consultant / engineering contractor, the resumes and the salary scales, usually are approved by PDO (Since I am working for PDO as well).

Wish you best of luck.

They did not explain the details of my responsibilities yet. The position was process Eng. for clients in Oil n Gas sector. On the contact, it's written "Discipline Engineer - 3 in Process Dept"

Delfti wrote:

They did not explain the details of my responsibilities yet. The position was process Eng. for clients in Oil n Gas sector. On the contact, it's written "Discipline Engineer - 3 in Process Dept"

3 could be a junior level as the definition of the discipline engineers WRT level of work varies.  TA1 and TA2 are considered to be the highest authorities for the engineering deliverables approvals and stuff. DE3 and below are under the engineering and drafting catagory which covers, indeed the engineering benefits, however with limitations. I don't know the division structure of Tebodin, but they have a permanent contract of the EMC / EPC of North Oman OG operations.

If you require any further assistance, let me know.

regards,

I really appreciate you.

I am ahmad from iran . I have a 15 years good experience in many technical  department of gas refinery included : processing of gas treatment, condensate production processing , machinery and utility  .  I will have a good employee for you in several department included : processing engineer , mechanical engineer  ,utility engineer , HSE officer based on your need and your consultation.
if you need , please my CV is ready.
best regard
ahmad

[email protected]