Where to donate clothes?

Hi, does anyone know where I could donate my clothes to a worthy charity here in Ho Chi Minh. Most of my clothes are in good condition but are either never used or too big.

Thanks,

theho84 wrote:

Hi, does anyone know where I could donate my clothes to a worthy charity here in Ho Chi Minh. Most of my clothes are in good condition but are either never used or too big.

Thanks,

Make sure you physically give the charity your donatables.  I've seen "donated" clothes sold by vendors on the streets since they're obviously used clothes and thrown hodgepodge in a blue canvass tarp.  They just unbundle them on the sidewalk and start hawking. 

Anyway, if you don't find anyone, just come on our Convoy For Babies run and you can donate it to the orphanage yourself.  They do have some adults that are physically disabled at the orphanage...and I have seen the temple accept clothes (Because other groups also support this orphanage, I just focus on the babies).

Hiya, I would like to donate some children (boy and girl) clothes from new born to 4 yrs old. I am near Saigon airport. Where would you recommend for me to donate these too?

Thank you

Marylaw wrote:

Hiya, I would like to donate some children (boy and girl) clothes from new born to 4 yrs old. I am near Saigon airport. Where would you recommend for me to donate these too?

There are 2 Buddhist temples in Saigon where unfortunate children are housed, fed, and cared for in loving environment.  They DO need clothing of all sizes.  Here are the addresses:

Chùa Linh Sơn, 43/20 Đoàn Như Hài, P12 , Q4 - 028 3826 5613  or  028 3825 3343.  My last information showed 50 orphaned children but there may be more now:  YouTube clip

Chùa Kỳ Quang II,  154/4A Lê Hoàng Phái, P 17, Q Gò Vấp - 08 894 1442  or  08 895 1014. 
The volunteers at this temple care for 220 children from newborn to 11 years who are orphaned or disabled, infected or affected by HIV, with visual impairment, hearing loss, or mental illness.  The majority of children were left inside or at the gate of the temple, with 3 - 5 day old as the average age, but some were born only a few hours earlier with umbilical cord stump still intact.

Hello! Do you know any place where I can donate clothes near Da Nang? I can travel to the cities around. Thank you!

Sara Margarida wrote:

Hello! Do you know any place where I can donate clothes near Da Nang? I can travel to the cities around. Thank you!

There is a Facebook group in Danang that organizes service activities for orphans and victims of Agent Orange (dioxin) poisoning:

Heart Warmers Club

facebook DOT com/groups/244678059535123

Otherwise, search in the Facebook groups for expats in Danang and Hoi An.