Visit VISA

Hello All,

I will be moving to Amman next month. My father would be a frequent visitor to meet me and my family once we move to Amman.I will be working for a UN Agency in Amman.

Could you please someone help me to understand what is the maximum duration of VISA will be provided for a Visit VISA. And please let me know the procedures.

I am not interested in tourist VISA but VISIT VISA for my father.

Thanks,
Viki

I have a 6 month multi-entry visa which cost me about 100 Euros.  Does your father want to stay longer than that?  I went in person but it only took about 15 minutes to be issued.

The exact answer to your question will probably depend on his country of residence.  There is a lot of information at the VisitJordan (dotcom) website. 

I got my visa by visiting the Jordanian consulate in Athens, Greece. You could call or visit the equivalent in your country and get the exact requirements regarding your father.

Cal

Hello Cal,

Thanks for the info. My father will not stay long in Jordan instead he might travel every 2 months once back & forth from India.

Currently I am in Geneva, will visit the Jordan Embassy nearby to get the required info.

Anyways thanks again for the valuable info.

Regards,
Viki

Hello All,

I have spoken to Jordan Embassy. For Indian Nationality, the Visit VISA can be given only for a maximum of 2 weeks and most likely that cannot be extended. Visitor VISA is classified under Tourist VISA scheme.

Gentlemen in Embassy told me there is a high chance of VISA getting rejected if we apply for more than 2 weeks.

The case is purely based on the Nationality of the person and the VISA officer.

Just posting this info so this might be helpful for someone like me in the same boat.

Regards,
Viki