Melita Mobile Data Network vs. Vodafone's?

hi guys,

after some fiddling around I got for me and my wife each a Melita pay as you go number just for starting and testing it out, and I noticed that the data connection on Melita mobile is horrible (lost a few calls here and there too), even just for doing a simple web search. Speed test is apolling, 1-2mbit down and 0.05-0.08 up.

This is either in St Julians or Sliema areas.

On the other hand, yesterday we bought a Vodafone usb stick until I get internet properly set up at home and I noticed the speed is very good compared to Melita's. 5-8 Mbit down and about 2-3 mbit up solid, more than I expected!

Is anyone having the same speed/performances? Would a Vodafone pay as you go number give me the same speed internet wise? Or this is a data key so different?

thanks
Gab

when I use to catch the bus from Gizra to St paul's Bay, I could never get any internet from Gizra to the coast road on my phone. There is also a section in Birkikara and Mosta. I don't know if that is just on Melita as that is all I have used.

Hmmm interesting, I am thinking I will "port" soon this Melita cell number to Vodafone, is a bit more pricey but seems they have a better network. Oh well, trial & error!

I just hope the Fibre from Melita for home is good!!