UAE DRIVING LICENSE CAN BE CONVERTED IN BAHRAIN WITHOUT TEST

Hi
I have valid uae driving license.i want to know once i will be in bahrain i can change without driving test?my second question is this how can obtained heavy driving license in bahrain.
Help me in this through information you people have
thanks

You can convert UAE license to a Bahraini one without a test. My colleague has done it recently. I am not sure about the second question.

Probably you should be able to convert the foreign driving license to Bahrain driving license. You should be contacting the Traffic department they should be able to help you out. Following website has some information which can help you out.

wikiprocedure.com --> Bahrain --> Exchange Foreign Driving License

I did it for both myself and my wife a few weeks ago.  We converted our UAE driving licences to Bahrain. 

You have to go to the traffic department in Isa Town with photographs, copy of passport with Bahrain residency, CPR copies and company letter.  Also with original passport, UAE licence and CPR.  You have to do an eye test and then take a token number in the main hall.  When your number is called, pay BD 26.5 and get your new licence.  They keep the UAE licence by the way.  Also this was for light motor vehicle.  I don't know if heavy vehicle follows the same process but I imagine it should.

Since UAE is a member of GCC country
Definitely you can change it without any test in the driving school
just bring your original UAE license, passport copy, letter from your sponsor, CPR copy and photo, then fill-up the form available in the traffic directorate and pay BD 25 (i think?)
In less than an hour (if there is not much people) you can have your Bahrain driving license
The same what i did with my Saudi driving license.

regards
Fidel

Hi,

I got final exit from Saudi Arabia but I still have valid Saudi Driving License till Jan.2018.

Now I have moved to Bahrain and will get CPR here.

My question is; if I  convert my Saudi License to Bahraini one, How many years valid license I will be given?

Just till expiry date of my Saudi License or is it possible to extend it?

Thanks

ogzcmn wrote:

Hi,

I got final exit from Saudi Arabia but I still have valid Saudi Driving License till Jan.2018.

Now I have moved to Bahrain and will get CPR here.

My question is; if I  convert my Saudi License to Bahraini one, How many years valid license I will be given?

Just till expiry date of my Saudi License or is it possible to extend it?

Thanks

Hi,

You will have to surrender your Saudi License to get a Bahrain License, our validity is usually 5 years from the date of issue.

T&R

Thank you.

sir and medam""""" I have uae driving license I can change uae license.. and I can take without test bahrain license???

Yes you can, kindly read the replies above.

I'm curious...
On the traffic website there is no mention of a 'Company letter' being required in the list of documents to convert an overseas drivers license to a Bahrainian one?  Is this correct?
Or if it is an error, where does it state that it is a requirement?
And finally, if it is a requirement, what should the company letter state?
Thank you.

As far as I know it is needed, the letter must state your employment details (company Letterhead) e.g when did you join and your designation.

T&R

logicalindian wrote:

As far as I know it is needed, the letter must state your employment details (company Letterhead) e.g when did you join and your designation.

T&R

Thank you Logicalindian! Do you have a link for verification?

What do you mean by verification?

logicalindian wrote:

What do you mean by verification?

A link to establish if it is accurate that a company letter is in fact required

Have not see the requirement written anywhere on their web, you could visit/ call them to verify the same.

logicalindian wrote:

Have not see the requirement written anywhere on their web, you could visit/ call them to verify the same.

😁 No one ever seems to answer the phone numbers on the website unfortunately? I am going to visit next week, I had just hoped to find out beforehand if it is an actual requirement or not.
Thanks very much for your help Logicalindian.

No problem, unfortunately this how the system works.

good luck

T&R

My husband and I went to the traffic school today to transfer our Australian drivers license to a Bahrain one. We were not asked/required to give a company sponsor/no objection letter.
It appears it may be dependent on which country your original license was issued, because a UK friend hadn't required a company letter either?
We were also not required to handover our Australian licenses, we got to keep them too. As did our UK friends. 
All in all, it was a very easy and painless procure completed in 1 hour :)

Thank you Seletar5515 for the update.  :top:

Pals,
I too had this question ever since I came from UAE...can i get my License transferred to Bahrain Issued....Answer is YES

I had my DL issued now, since 1st week of January 2018.

Firstly, the dockets required at the time of submission of forum
- CPR copy (Front & back)
- UAE DL copy (front & back)
- Passport copy (only in case they ask for it)
- Passport size Photograph 1 no

Here the steps goes...
- Get to Driving License Issuing office i.e. General Directorate of Traffic, Isa Town
- Get to the Info counter with your UAE DL, CPR and your Passport (in original) in case
  they ask for it.
- They would look to the originals and give us a forum, which we need to be filled with
  our details
- With the duly filled forum, get back to the counter once again, they would direct us
  to the eye testing area
- Once the Eye tests are finished, they puts up there stamp and again get back to the
  same info counter, where they will issue another token to see the Licensing
  Department Staff at the counter.
- With the filled forum, kindly attach the required dockets mentioned above & wait for
  your token number to be called.
- When it hits your token number, after viewing, you will be asked to deposit BD 26.500
  to the machine located near the Info area or you can directly pay off here thru swiping
  machine.
- Just in less than 10 mints you will have your Bahrain Issued DL with a Driving manual of
  Bahrain.

Note: They would retain your UAE issued DL and replace you with Bahrain issued DL. So once you give them your DL, its gone of ever, as the authorities said, this will be sent to UAE for ever.

Disclaimer:
The fees may vary depending on the government policies issued from time to time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All above which I experienced, I put them in records as this would help others to get an idea as to how things work out.

Best of luck dears....
Happy Stay & Healthy Drive in Bahrain.

Stay Blessed.......

bijum75 wrote:

Pals,
I too had this question ever since I came from UAE...can i get my License transferred to Bahrain Issued....Answer is YES

I had my DL issued now, since 1st week of January 2018.

Firstly, the dockets required at the time of submission of forum
- CPR copy (Front & back)
- UAE DL copy (front & back)
- Passport copy (only in case they ask for it)
- Passport size Photograph 1 no

Here the steps goes...
- Get to Driving License Issuing office i.e. General Directorate of Traffic, Isa Town
- Get to the Info counter with your UAE DL, CPR and your Passport (in original) in case
  they ask for it.
- They would look to the originals and give us a forum, which we need to be filled with
  our details
- With the duly filled forum, get back to the counter once again, they would direct us
  to the eye testing area
- Once the Eye tests are finished, they puts up there stamp and again get back to the
  same info counter, where they will issue another token to see the Licensing
  Department Staff at the counter.
- With the filled forum, kindly attach the required dockets mentioned above & wait for
  your token number to be called.
- When it hits your token number, after viewing, you will be asked to deposit BD 26.500
  to the machine located near the Info area or you can directly pay off here thru swiping
  machine.
- Just in less than 10 mints you will have your Bahrain Issued DL with a Driving manual of
  Bahrain.

Note: They would retain your UAE issued DL and replace you with Bahrain issued DL. So once you give them your DL, its gone of ever, as the authorities said, this will be sent to UAE for ever.

Disclaimer:
The fees may vary depending on the government policies issued from time to time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All above which I experienced, I put them in records as this would help others to get an idea as to how things work out.

Best of luck dears....
Happy Stay & Healthy Drive in Bahrain.

Stay Blessed.......

Thanks for the update.  Another point which I just found out; a colleague of mine did the same but he also had a valid UAE visa which he was keeping.  He asked them to let him keep his UAE licence as he has a visa for the UAE, will live in Bahrain and UAE and drive in both places. They let him keep his UAE licence.

If this works then it is very useful.  As the UAE licences sent back get retained by RTA and the licence is removed from your online traffic file and shows as "impounded". And to get it back, if you ever move back to the UAE; would be a big hassle which might even require retesting.

Hi Biju, I am drafting the same message and just noticed your threat...You perfectly compressed all the required information...Good job...

I got my Oman driving license on last month December 3rd 2017.  Now i am in baharain can I transfer my oman driving license to baharain license.  The reason i am asking i got the oman driving license recently just before 1 month only. Please give m some advice.  Somebody's saying you have to wait 1 year to change your driving license...

Should not matter, just visit Traffic directorate and get it confirmed.
T&R

Thank you so much logicalIndian

Its possible.. you need to pledge your existing one to have the newer one!!.

PS: Must visit Traffic department

I have an all so driving liscence from Bahrain how can I convert to dubai

Thank you so much petetjohn

Our company's driver made a small accident last day. He has Bahrain CPR and valid Saudi Driving License. Though he doesn't even Bahrain driving license, police said Saudi is enough.

hope it will work.. i need to change my Dubai DL

Hi is there any time period to change it.or its before the expiary date

Before expiry.

T&R

Thank you

Did you get the new Bahrain driving licence ?? which you wanted to get converted from Omani licence ? please reply

I recently changed my uae driving licence into bahrain licence.charging is 26.5 bd.and i had to handover my original uae licence which they said i can collect it in uae  if i go back.

recently i also  changed my uae driving licence to bahrain.
at that time thhey told me that  ,  i can get my uae driving licence back when i  go  back to uae. is it true?

Recently I changed my Qatar license to Bahrain without tests and its only 25bd including eye test and returned my Qatar license.

Dear Brother,

I have been wroking in saudi and having valid Qatar driving license, if i have bahrain resident permit can i convert my Qatar DL to bahrain DL and can drive inside saudi and bahrain both? is that possible? i am in sales and saudi and bahrain is my territory. Kindly confirm it soon Thank you

Yes, can change