One month in Lyon, looking for new people to meet and hang out.

Hi, I recently moved to Lyon and we live in La Croix Rousse area. I am a teacher and love just being in the city. I could sit at a café for hours with my iPad and be quite happy. Love eating out, movies, good wine, and just meeting fun new people.

I have discovered that it can be a bit hard to break into new groups here and make new friends so I thought this would be a great outlet! I am fluent in French and English and love to speak both.

Erich

Hi Erich,

I'm sure you soon get a reply from other members and as you are fluent in both French and English it won't be long before you get in touch with some friendly people :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Erich
Welcome to Lyon. It is a big advantage for you to speak french. You can make friends easily i guess.
We plan to play chess with Daniel(another member from here). If you are interested you can join otherwise we can meet another time for a drink.
Regards
Atilla

Hey Erich,

I'm also living in the Croix Rousse area, would love to meet up sometime
.. actually I would love a cinema buddy as no - one I know likes the cinema or VO!; )

I think you can PM me on here if you're interested...

Chat soon

Maeve

Hi Erich
I know it's not easy to find friends here in Lyon for me I speak both too but not fluent so if you like we can meet and have a drink or go to the cinema

Hi Erich,
I've lived in Lyon for many years and I met great persons through ovs.com it stands for "on va sortir".

People organize all kind of activities and you can join. It's a great way to meet new friends, practice a sport and discover the city!

I hope this helps, have a great time in Lyon!
Catherine

hey hey!

I'm not far from you in Croix Rousse as I'm down at the bottom of the hill opposite the park next to the river..

You have a great advantage already being fluent in two languages, I'm still struggling with the very basics of French after 10 month!

I'm always ready to go out for a beer or coffee (and pastry :D) so just let me know if you're at a loose end!

A beintot

Mark

Hi guys im in lyon this week if you wanna hang out for a beer txt me at 0786751292

Ciao